Mobile Plays

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Mobile Plays

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Plays are not currently working. It is looking like a SC issue:

It could be a problem with SC, they posted on their community board:

https://community.soundcloud.com/stats- ... st18075131
HeartThrob

Post by HeartThrob »

Going back to my original questions.

Would you be willing to do some testing with editing useragents to see if you can successfully get a mobile useragent play to go through, because so far I have been unsuccessful on both iPhone and Android useragents. Could this be because I need actual mobile proxies to go along with it?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

HeartThrob wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 pm Going back to my original questions.

Would you be willing to do some testing with editing useragents to see if you can successfully get a mobile useragent play to go through, because so far I have been unsuccessful on both iPhone and Android useragents. Could this be because I need actual mobile proxies to go along with it?
As I said, changing the useragent will just mean the website was used via a mobile device. Probably mobile plays are plays made via the mobile app
Could this be because I need actual mobile proxies to go along with it?
unlikely as you can use your mobile device at home on wifi. Most probably it is website vs mobile app
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bizzy171 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:44 am Hi Martin,

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't have a useragents.txt file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Soundcloud Manager\data\ folder.
Do I need to create the txt file manually or should it be included in the folder already?

Many thanks in advance!
It should be copied there when you install the program. Without it, the program cannot set the useragent http header
petruspanus

Post by petruspanus »

My bad, I was watching a wrong folder :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lol :lol:

We've all done that before :)
HeartThrob

Post by HeartThrob »

Would you be willing to test this to see if you can successfully achieve mobile plays? I think that would significantly help boosting songs and getting the algorithm to recognize them as legitimate plays.
petruspanus

Post by petruspanus »

HeartThrob wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:07 am Would you be willing to test this to see if you can successfully achieve mobile plays? I think that would significantly help boosting songs and getting the algorithm to recognize them as legitimate plays.
That would be awesome. I agree.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

as stated above, mobile plays (most likely) come from mobile app. Not mobile phones ON the normal website which is not supported.

But I will tests mobile UAs and confirm
petruspanus

Post by petruspanus »

that would be great, thank you in advance!