Video Watermark Software ...

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to any of our other products
Klique

Video Watermark Software ...

Post by Klique »

Where is the tutorial for this software? The link in the email sends me to a youtube page with videos for every software you make except the video watermark one. The help in the software contains no information on how to run the software. Please point me in the right direction, or email me the tutorial on how to use it.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Video Watermark Software ...

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you mean: https://rootjazz.com/videowatermarker/download.html

I got your PM on BHW, but thought you were referring to the function within another bot.

Not sure I ever got round to making tutorials for them as was just a free software I made to be included with another project, then someone asked so I sold it for cheap.

But usage is simple.

specify a watch folder
An output folder

then your watermark image, it should be SMALLER than your input videos.

Then create the action.
Add videos to your WATCH FOLDER and they will be automatically watermarked and moved to the OUTPUT folder
Klique

Post by Klique »

Is there a way to specify location of watermark? Can you create intro and outro, or just watermarks?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The watermark image is applied from bottom right by default, it is not changable. However, if you provide a PNG with transparent background that same size as your video, then you can place the watermark where ever you want

Yes you can place intro / outro videos to your main videos. However, this works best with some preparation of the intro / outtro videos using standard resolution / formats / frameworks / encodings etc.

The program will do it's best to try and handle what ever you throw at it, but if you are providing different resolution / formats / encodings / resolution of the intro and main video and outtro, well you are asking for trouble (and time as everything has to be re-encoded and merged)
Klique

Post by Klique »

Ok, how would I go about applying an intro or outro to a video? Is that what the PreMerage and PostMerge is? I havent messed with those as I dont know 100% what they are.. I can only figure out how to place watermark in the right corner. Which I must say, it does a good job with that, no complaints so far.

One final question, is there a way to autosave my settings? (i.e. the directories that I put in the program?) As everytime I open it, they're blank again despite shutting down the program correctly. It would be pretty convenient if it loaded up previous settings, considering if its watching a directory its more than likely always going to be the same directory.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Klique wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:07 pm Ok, how would I go about applying an intro or outro to a video? Is that what the PreMerage and PostMerge is? I havent messed with those as I dont know 100% what they are.
Yes that sounds like the options to use :)

I would recommend always running a test, set your action, add a single video to the watch folder then check the output video that it worked correctly. As I said, merging video is complicated. So do confirm it worked, before trying to incorporate it into your work flow and dumping in 1000s of videos for processing
I can only figure out how to place watermark in the right corner. Which I must say, it does a good job with that, no complaints so far.
yes bottom right is default. To get it to another position, for your watermark, make it the same size as your video. So if your video is 640x480, make your watermark this size 640x480, use a transparent background in the PNG file, then you can place the actual visible part of the image in an location you wish. Whether it is top left, bottom left, a full width top bar / bottom bar etc.

Another trick is to make your watermark, just the width of the video, this will be written to the image as a bottom bar. You can make it black background with text, which may be useful in trying to get information to the viewer "go here for free <x> url.com"
One final question, is there a way to autosave my settings? (i.e. the directories that I put in the program?) As everytime I open it, they're blank again despite shutting down the program correctly. It would be pretty convenient if it loaded up previous settings, considering if its watching a directory its more than likely always going to be the same directory.
Once you create actions, they are sent to the processor. The tab for creating actions does not modify / impact the already created actions. The idea being, once you have your watch folder action setup, it is just running, the controls are reset to allow new actions.

But I can see your point, that perhaps reloading last used values might be useful. Your suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list.

Regards,
Martin
Klique

Post by Klique »

But I can see your point, that perhaps reloading last used values might be useful. Your suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list.
Thanks. Appreciate the reply.