Can't validate account data in Win XP

TumblingJazz Tumblr bot discussion
affmonster

Can't validate account data in Win XP

Post by affmonster »

14 january 2014 there was a statement that win xp users should use another browsers then IE. As I know TumblingJazz is written with .net so it uses ie sockets, so that you can't even connect to tumblr. Is it possible somehow to resolve this problem?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Can't validate account data in Win XP

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Your version of IE shouldn't effect Tumblingjazz. However the program does rely on the Microsoft .Net framework, which I must admit I don't know how the support still is for XP.

But you should really update your OS, Microsoft don't support it anymore, you are not getting patches / updates to new vulnerabilities so you are wide open to malware / virus infection
affmonster

Post by affmonster »

But Tumblingjazz don't work in Win XP. It is related with IE, not framework, cause even in IE you can't get the tumblr page.
In Win 7&8 everything is working fine.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I don't know, I don't have access to XP.

Not even the developers of XP (Microsoft) a billion dollar company, perhaps the largest company in the world doesn't support XP any more. It kinda implies that a small company like rootjazz (who makes a little bit less than a billion dollars a year ;-) ) cannot support XP either.

Whether tumblr works in XP is irrelevant. Tumblingjazz DOES NOT WORK VIA A BROWSER. It exchanges the text based HTTP HEADER REQUESTS. But as I say, I cannot test this. Even if I could, I probably wouldn't. Use an operating system less than 15 years old :-)