Account stats seem to be broken with SC changes

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
arcan210

Account stats seem to be broken with SC changes

Post by arcan210 »

Hey there. Since the most recent SC changes, it seems like the stats feature (Followers/following) no longer function. When I click the button now, the following/followers columns go blank but never update.

Also it seems as though the plays increaser will not end on its own, or at least not anywhere close to where it should. If I tell it to give me 2500 plays, I have to try to remember to stop it manually or I might end up with 5,000 or more. You mentioned at one point that you were working on this but I should let you know if it continued to happen.

Any ideas?

Cheers
arcan210

Re: Account stats seem to be broken with SC changes

Post by arcan210 »

Disregard the stats updating issue. It seems to be fixed now along with the required update last night.

The plays are still running wild though.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

What do you mean by plays still running wild?

I have used that today and it appeared to be working.

By runing wild, do you mean not working?
Not stopping?

?
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

Sorry, not stopping when it should If I tell it 5000, i will get way more than that just about every time. The larger the number of plays requested, the larger the overrun. If i ask for 500, I usually end up somewhere around 800-900. But sometimes it can be a lot more than that.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Ok, am on that now.

Should have it tested and hopefully fixed in the hour
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Just a question, do you get an email notification when I replied to this thread?

I have twitter picking up the forum feed, which then posts back to facebook and twitter, which then also in turn post back to the other lol. All a big syndicated mess, but should get some good interlinking / content spidering.

Only problem is, the titles imply the bot is all broken as no one posts "everything working smoothly" :)
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

Hahha, from now on I will be sure to start all my forum posts with something like "Martin is a rock star" or "SC Manager rocks my socks"

I do not get an email but I am just now noticing the little 'notify me' checkbox, so I guess I will start using that too.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Soundcloud Manager - Account stats

I used to email notifications, but seeing these new posts, I guess I don't get them either. Another task for the todo list.

Also didn't get round to fixing the plays, again on today todo list :-)

(note to self, check syndication and edited subject :-)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

increasing soundcloud plays

I have stepped through the code regarding the plays playing more than specified and everything appears in order.

The only thing I can see that may happen is a proxy "appears" to fail, yet the play is recorded on the soundcloud side.
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

Yes, thats what I assumed to be happening as well. Is there a way to scrape the current play count from the track periodically while it is increasing plays and compare it to the starting value so it can kill the job if it sees it has reached the target number?