Simple Scrape Help

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to TumblingJazz
maVen

Simple Scrape Help

Post by maVen »

How do I scrape the last 1000 posts from this URL for example:

Code: Select all

http://blahblahblah.tumblr.com/archive/filter-by/video
Scrape seems to be way, way, way too complicated, I'm not interested in any "build search" options, just a simple scrape of every video URL in the above archive url, all I seem to be getting is 50 max.

Can anyone help me out please ?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Simple Scrape Help

Post by martin@rootjazz »

just a simple scrape of every video URL in the above archive url

that's the thing, everyone is just looking to do something simple but different, hence the ability is required to do all things for all people which isn't unfortunately as simple as just doing your one thing.

Anyway, when you say last, you mean the most recent? Or the oldest?

Are you wanting to scraped the results to a file, or perform the scrape and action on the items from an action tab?
maVen

Post by maVen »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
just a simple scrape of every video URL in the above archive url

that's the thing, everyone is just looking to do something simple but different, hence the ability is required to do all things for all people which isn't unfortunately as simple as just doing your one thing.

Anyway, when you say last, you mean the most recent? Or the oldest?

Are you wanting to scraped the results to a file, or perform the scrape and action on the items from an action tab?

Lets say I want to scrape all (max setting is 1200 in my TJ settings) how do I do it ?

I used to be able to scrape posts by putting in the URL (hxxx://blahblahblah.tumblr.com/archive/filter-by/video) and then it scraped them and It used to put them in HELP> SAVED

Then I'd use that list of scraped URL to add to my own tumblr using the reblog module, if you could gimme a clue on how to do this now, that would be great.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

let me run a quick test and get back to you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Custom Search POSTS
RECENT POSTS OF (if you click it once to select it - not add it - you will see the instructions say: "works with blog / archive URL"

that should be it