soundcloud changes !!!!

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
micha69

soundcloud changes !!!!

Post by micha69 »

Hi Martin,

me again. Got a message from soundcloud today, read for yourself:
We’re constantly looking for ways to make it easier for creators to share their work and connect with new fans. As well as adding new features and updates, we review existing features to see if they’re still beneficial to the community.

As we dug into the best ways for curators to connect with artists and fans, we found that Groups aren't working as well as reposts, and curated playlists.

With that in mind, we’ve decided to phase out Groups on Monday, August 22nd to make room for future updates.

Until then, you can collect, like or repost the content you would like to save, and connect with your fellow Group members.

As a Group moderator, we understand the following you’ve built by moderating submissions to your Groups -- we suggest to keep that following going by creating a profile to curate. You can use Reposts and Playlists to share suitable tracks, and accept submissions via Messages.

We’d love to hear your thoughts on how we can continue to improve your experience on SoundCloud. Send your ideas and feedback by replying directly to this email.
looks like some work for you :D

but - small consolation - my group problems seem to be done with that....

cheers

michael
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: soundcloud changes !!!!

Post by martin@rootjazz »

As a Group moderator, we understand the following you’ve built by moderating submissions to your Groups -- we suggest to keep that following going by creating a profile to curate. You can use Reposts and Playlists to share suitable tracks, and accept submissions via Messages.

so
by creating a profile to curate.
Soundcloud is tell you to create a new soundcloud account for this group

You can use Reposts and Playlists to share suitable track
then just repost / create playlists
and accept submissions via Messages.
communicate via messaging

There is nothing for me to do, except remove some menu items from what I can tell from that message.

Although the fact that SC told you to create more accounts, it would appear they are not so strict on multiple accounts per IP. Some users might have 10 groups, so having 10 accounts is not a problem on a single IP is my take away
micha69

Post by micha69 »

I meant this:
...to make room for future updates

best

michael
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

oh lol :)