Reporting incorrect number s in daily stats

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
thegr812k

Re: Reporting incorrect number s in daily stats

Post by thegr812k »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:12 pm The following / followers numbers come directly from the user_details results from twitter
17:30:06: Scraping Daily stats for: <your_username>
17:30:06: Stats: Followers / followings: 275:691
17:30:06: Saving: 2021-03-02 17:30 PL 691 275 142 28 0 0 0 18 0 18 0 to C:\Users\twitter\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Twitterdub\stats\7c1ac21cf3f44850b589d8f48afd8339.csv

ok so the numbers might have been out of date due to caching, but that wouldn't explain random jumps, just out of date. sorted that. But the numbers come from twitter, so they are displayed as given. Twitter will do caching on it's side as well, so they may not ever be 100% accurate, but these flucuations with no unfollowing is strange.

Will push this update and then can only monitor it. Will get the program to dump the response JSON src from twitter as well, so we can confirm it is coming from twitter.
ok, i new it wasnt correct. Do i need to update or is this being pushed out? Let me know if you need me to do any testing
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Sorry forgot to post the link it seems, was sure I did though...

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

open config dir:

%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\config\

Create a file:
stats_log.txt

Now run the program normally, run a daily stats action, just use the program normally. Keep an eye on the stats, if you notice it wrong going forward (new stats reports, we cannot do anything about the old) submit logs:

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

This update will log more information so can verify / try to pinpoint where these values are coming from.

Regards,
Martin

ps again sorry for not posting this yesterday, am positive I sent the above message somewhere/ to someone...
thegr812k

Post by thegr812k »

hello, sorry i dont want to install a beta version, the isue is still occurring across multiple accounts , the number are abit of a joke - not even close. Can provide multiple examples.

Happy to do a screenshare with you to show you - PM me if that suits - as i imagine this bug is affecting everyone - im surprised its not been highlighted as knowing your real stats is very important to knowing if what parameters you are using is working
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

thegr812k wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:18 pm hello, sorry i dont want to install a beta version, the isue is still occurring across multiple accounts , the number are abit of a joke - not even close. Can provide multiple examples.
Fair enough, but it's a testing version just for you. It's the stable build, with the code I needed to understand what twitter is sending you. Without you running this, I cannot help. As I need that information

Happy to do a screenshare with you to show you - PM me if that suits - as i imagine this bug is affecting everyone - im surprised its not been highlighted as knowing your real stats is very important to knowing if what parameters you are using is working
Won't work. Logs indicate the numbers are what TWITTER is reporting. The program requests the user_details endpoint and extracts the followers / following numbers from here and writes them to a file. Now this may be true and twitter is sending the wrong numbers. Or the program is doing something wrong and logging incorrectly - both are possible, but I need to see what twitter is returning. Without you installing the update, I cannot

Regards,
Martin