Unfollow Inactive Followings

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
hrh_fourtyseven

Unfollow Inactive Followings

Post by hrh_fourtyseven »

Hello

Just purchased Twitterdub and really happy with lots of options.

2 questions:

1. I want to unfollow all of my inactive followings (for example if no tweets more than 3 month). I saw in "Follow tab" this option is available but in "unfollow tab" there isn't! how can I do that?

2. What is the behavior of Twitterdub in facing with limited accounts? for example if I tick to not follow accounts that are inactive for 1 month, and it face with a limited account in search, can it read the correct data of that user or not?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Unfollow Inactive Followings

Post by martin@rootjazz »

hrh_fourtyseven wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:22 pm Hello

2 questions:

1. I want to unfollow all of my inactive followings (for example if no tweets more than 3 month). I saw in "Follow tab" this option is available but in "unfollow tab" there isn't! how can I do that?
Warning, this could result in a LOT of requests depending on the number of followings, as each following will require requests to get their latest tweet. For 100 followings not an issue, for 5k more so.

With that in mind. Goto SCRAPER tab
Set a search to scrape your FOLLOWINGS
Set a FILTER
Then with the results file of this search action, use that in an UNFOLLOW FROM LIST action

2. What is the behavior of Twitterdub in facing with limited accounts? for example if I tick to not follow accounts that are inactive for 1 month, and it face with a limited account in search, can it read the correct data of that user or not?
Not sure I understand the question. If you tell the program to filter accounts that have not been active for a month, then the program will ignore them as instructed.
with a limited account in search, can it read the correct data of that user or not?
This is the bit I am not sure I understand what you mean. Can you confirm please

Regards,
Martin
hrh_fourtyseven

Post by hrh_fourtyseven »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:11 pm

2 questions:

Warning, this could result in a LOT of requests depending on the number of followings, as each following will require requests to get their latest tweet. For 100 followings not an issue, for 5k more so.

Set a FILTER
Then with the results file of this search action, use that in an UNFOLLOW FROM LIST action
And doing that can cause to account ban?!
sorry to mention another site but "untweeps dot com" can do exact same thing in 5 seconds. I thought maybe I can do that in twitterdub too.
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:11 pm 2. What is the behavior of Twitterdub in facing with limited accounts? for example if I tick to not follow accounts that are inactive for 1 month, and it face with a limited account in search, can it read the correct data of that user or not?
Not sure I understand the question. If you tell the program to filter accounts that have not been active for a month, then the program will ignore them as instructed.
with a limited account in search, can it read the correct data of that user or not?
This is the bit I am not sure I understand what you mean. Can you confirm please

Regards,
Martin
My question is about these accounts:
other twitter tools can not read correct data about these restricted account and number of followers and tweets of them are 0. So if I want to unfollow inactive followings, restricted accounts will be unfollowed too even if they was active yesterday. I'm asking is Twitterdub the same as others in facing with restricted accounts?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

hrh_fourtyseven wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:06 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:11 pm

2 questions:

Set a FILTER
And doing that can cause to account ban?!
Ban unlikely, but could get a block. Depends on numbers

sorry to mention another site but "untweeps dot com" can do exact same thing in 5 seconds. I thought maybe I can do that in twitterdub too.
Again depends on numbers. Also depends how they do it, if through the API then it is fine to an extent as is just scraping which is what the API is provided for. Until Twitter decides it isn't and restrict the API key / app or ban it completely.

ok now I understand. To my knowledge the account CAN be read. The posted since filter will be applied as normal. But send me an example limited account and I can test and confirm. Or you can test it yourself on the scrape tab, tell the program to get the profile details of a limited account and see what is returned
other twitter tools can not read correct data about these restricted account and number of followers and tweets of them are 0. So if I want to unfollow inactive followings, restricted accounts will be unfollowed too even if they was active yesterday. I'm asking is Twitterdub the same as others in facing with restricted accounts?
As above, I thought they could be read. But send me an example to test here or you can test yourself and let me know :)

Regards,
Martin