Few question if running 100 Accounts

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Kemal West

Few question if running 100 Accounts

Post by Kemal West »

Hi,

I want to asked a few question :

1. How to configure RT, LIKE tweets for a certain user when the user tweet a certain keyword ?
2. If a user tweet out something, and within the tweet he request few follow of other accounts. How do I mass follow it ?
3. Since Im running 100 accounts, If one of the account receive a mention / DM, how will I now ? How can I check ? which account received it ?
4. Will running a Data Center proxies is enough to cover all the 100 accounts, 1 proxy Ip should only be used by 3 accounts MAX right ?

Thanks Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Few question if running 100 Accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Kemal West wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:12 pm Hi,

I want to asked a few question :

1. How to configure RT, LIKE tweets for a certain user when the user tweet a certain keyword ?
You will have to scrape a users feed and include a filter INCLUDE term. I thought perhaps you could use the WATCH USERS action, but that only includes an IGNORE option, not an INCLUDE option which you would need.
2. If a user tweet out something, and within the tweet he request few follow of other accounts. How do I mass follow it ?
You will need to do that manually. There is no mechanism to create a MASS FOLLOW action based off a scrape action
3. Since Im running 100 accounts, If one of the account receive a mention / DM, how will I now ? How can I check ? which account received it ?
You can run a MENTIONED search to find out which accounts mentioned an account. This can be performed within any module should you wish to action on those who mentioned you

For inbox, run an INBOX SCRAPER action, it will show the DMs received from and who to
4. Will running a Data Center proxies is enough to cover all the 100 accounts, 1 proxy Ip should only be used by 3 accounts MAX right ?
1 proxy per account is best. Everything from there is a sliding scale.
2 accounts per proxy, not as good as 1 but better than 3
3 accounts per proxy, not as good as 2 but better than 4

etc etc

As to if they DC proxies are good enough will depend on the IP quality. Not all proxies are the same. You can have high quality DC and terrible quality. It will also depend how you use them.
Kemal West

Post by Kemal West »

How do I know which menu is which, there is no naming on each menu, just logo..
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Kemal West wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:06 am How do I know which menu is which, there is no naming on each menu, just logo..
They should make sense, if not, click them and the title bar of the app will indicate the current tab
JustARandomGuy

Post by JustARandomGuy »

You can run a MENTIONED search to find out which accounts mentioned an account. This can be performed within any module should you wish to action on those who mentioned you
Instead of getting the account, I want to get any tweets mentioning any of my 100+ accounts. Is there any way to do this? Currently, the only method I figured out is by scraping tweets that mention users from the scraper module but the problem is that It only works if I search for 1 user at a time and I would have to search mentions of each user 1 by 1. If there was some way to maybe search tweets that mention any of the accounts from a list that would be great, or even better would be to have a module like the inbox scraper which will scrape all mentions of the selected accounts( and possibly filter options filter so results would only include tweets from users with 100+ followers, etc.)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

JustARandomGuy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:42 pm
Instead of getting the account, I want to get any tweets mentioning any of my 100+ accounts. Is there any way to do this?
Only logged in user can see a list of tweets they were mentioned in.

Website> notifications > mentions

Only the profile can see their mentions. So if you want to do with with 100 accounts, you need each account to run the MENTIONED scrape for themselves

Currently, the only method I figured out is by scraping tweets that mention users from the scraper module but the problem is that It only works if I search for 1 user at a time and I would have to search mentions of each user 1 by 1.

If there was some way to maybe search tweets that mention any of the accounts from a list that would be great
Actually, you can use ADVANCED SEARCH
https://twitter.com/search-advanced

Info on how to use ADVANCED SEARCH in twitterdub should be linked from the SCRAPER tab. But it looks like you just perform a tweet search with your accounts

@acc1 @acc2... @accN
, or even better would be to have a module like the inbox scraper which will scrape all mentions of the selected accounts( and possibly filter options filter so results would only include tweets from users with 100+ followers, etc.)
SCRAPE tab
custom search
MENTIONED

will let you specify a filter. Same for the above advanced search
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

JustARandomGuy

Post by JustARandomGuy »

Only logged in user can see a list of tweets they were mentioned in.

Website> notifications > mentions

Only the profile can see their mentions. So if you want to do with with 100 accounts, you need each account to run the MENTIONED scrape for themselves
Inbox scraper logs in to check dm's so a mention scraper could do the same.
https://twitter.com/search-advanced

Info on how to use ADVANCED SEARCH in twitterdub should be linked from the SCRAPER tab. But it looks like you just perform a tweet search with your accounts

@acc1 @acc2... @accN
This is the method I tried out initially but for some reason, it is only successful when I search for 1 account. When I try searching 2 or more accounts the result always comes back empty.
SCRAPE tab
custom search
MENTIONED

will let you specify a filter. Same for the above advanced search
Unless I set it up incorrectly, MENTIONED only returns the tweets which mentioned the account doing the searching. When I tried it out I always got the same search results, which were the tweets mentioned the account used for scraping, even when changing up the search term. If this is how it's meant to work then that would mean I would need to create a search action and then change the account used for searching 1 at a time which is not ideal when working with hundreds of accounts.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

JustARandomGuy wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:29 pm
Inbox scraper logs in to check dm's so a mention scraper could do the same.
It could. I will not your feature suggestion

This is the method I tried out initially but for some reason, it is only successful when I search for 1 account. When I try searching 2 or more accounts the result always comes back empty.
Can you show logs of this happening please. Testing on the website it works fine so should in app as well

Unless I set it up incorrectly, MENTIONED only returns the tweets which mentioned the account doing the searching. When I tried it out I always got the same search results, which were the tweets mentioned the account used for scraping, even when changing up the search term.

Yes, MENTIONED will return the tweet, what else is it going to return? Also it does NOT take an input, it is your personally mentioned list, you can see it online via:
NOTIFICATIONS > MENTIONED

It is the logged in users mentioned list.
If this is how it's meant to work then that would mean I would need to create a search action and then change the account used for searching 1 at a time which is not ideal when working with hundreds of accounts.
Yes, each account must pull their own mentioned list. But you can bulk create by selection your 100 accounts do NOT check SHARED action, then select the MENTIONED search (if you want to get the profile who mentioned you then :
STEPS: MENTIONED > AUTHOR OF TWEET
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

just tested here with 2 mentions, I pulled all results as shown in the website. As above, please show what you entered in the search box, what search you ran and submit logs. If any of this info is private, send it via email:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com

Regards,
Martin