Is the NumMax and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo in result include zero?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
axisar

Is the NumMax and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo in result include zero?

Post by axisar »

Hi
lets say Nummax = 1 and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo = 1
result have to be random in a row 0,1,2 or 0 not used and result will be only 1,2?
also case Nummax = 1 and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo = 2
random values have to be -1,0,1,2,3 what software will do if it get negative value, will it abs it? or made it equal to zero? or zero not used at all?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Is the NumMax and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo in result include zero?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

axisar wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:28 am Hi
lets say Nummax = 1 and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo = 1
result have to be random in a row 0,1,2 or 0 not used and result will be only 1,2?
Err good question. 0 is meant to signify *ALL*, the program will detect this and use the MAX LIMIT as specified on the SETTINGS tab.

Honestly, don't do it. Set max = 2 and fluct = 1 as a minimum
also case Nummax = 1 and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo = 2
random values have to be -1,0,1,2,3 what software will do if it get negative value, will it abs it? or made it equal to zero? or zero not used at all?
Again just don't do it :-)

The program will try and detect you doing something silly i.e. max_num = -2 but it relies on me having expected what stupid things users will try and do and code to protect it. Chances are I missed some, so if you *TRY* and do stupid things, you will have unexpected results.

So don't try and do stupid things :)
axisar

Post by axisar »

I`ve got your point. thanks. You have to create protection for such settings i guess
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

axisar wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:53 pm I`ve got your point. thanks. You have to create protection for such settings i guess
Yes I'll add it and most things are protected against, but probably I have missed some, so if you think "hmm this doesn't make sense, I wonder what will happen" don't :)

For example as above, 0 means all, so -2 is probably rounded up to zero and you may expect 0 but infact will do 8000 or whatever the default value for MAX VALUE IF ZERO on the settings tab is.

Regards,
Martin