Auto Mention

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
shaily

Auto Mention

Post by shaily »

Hi Martin,

Once we mention a profile using Auto Mention... After how long can we use it again? The problem is that I have mentioned 1000 profiles and they are all being used now...
Which means I will have to find some other profiles, here after.

I think it should be a good idea to reuse a profile to mention using Auto Mention after a week or so... or else, we will have to keep searching profiles to mention.

I also think that auto mention should be purpose based... and if you are just using it to point a message to a particular profile then we should be able to reuse the profile... may be a checkbox to suggest if we can reuse the profile in auto mention.

Hope it makes sense.

Cheers,
Shaily
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Auto Mention

Post by martin@rootjazz »

shaily wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:44 am Hi Martin,

Once we mention a profile using Auto Mention... After how long can we use it again?
you cannot they are unique by default.
Which means I will have to find some other profiles, here after.
with millions if not billions of users, that shouldn't be too hard :)
I think it should be a good idea to reuse a profile to mention using Auto Mention after a week or so... or else, we will have to keep searching profiles to mention.
I don't know, getting a spam mention weekly from the same user may be annoying...
I also think that auto mention should be purpose based... and if you are just using it to point a message to a particular profile then we should be able to reuse the profile... may be a checkbox to suggest if we can reuse the profile in auto mention.
You can set @profile1 as many times as you like, so you can target particular users with no issues. Is just the AUTO MENTIONS that is unique as is more of a shotgun approach than a laser sighted sniper.

But even if the unique option was turned off (currently not possible) there is no concept of "once every (x) days" either.

But I'll note your suggestion down
shaily

Re: Auto Mention

Post by shaily »

Hi Martin...
Thanks for the response...
But even if the unique option was turned off (currently not possible) there is no concept of "once every (x) days" either.
It will be great to get a checkbox to get an ability to sort, apply and be able to reuse the profile in auto mention.

Cheers,
Shaily