Tweet mention not following; DM reply (scrape DMs)

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Bartekef

Re: Tweet mention not following; DM reply (scrape DMs)

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:59 pm
Bartekef wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:15 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:32 pm

Depends how you set your action. Custom token replies / auto responder /

Let me rub my magic ball to see if I can get the answer.... no nothing, so instead of relying on magic, I will need information from you :D

Action setup / logs.
Also confirm, you say "message requests" not DMs, are they different?
Lol :D
:lol:
I setup auto responder. And it would reply to every DM. Let me explain what I try to do;
basically I tweet mention user like "hey dm me"

He DMs me

I want autoresponder to reply with the message I set. That's it.

It seems to work, but then they would reply to this message again like "thanks", and next time auto responder send the same exact message again.
So I just want autoresponder to send only 1 message per acc. Possible?
ok, got it. AUTO RESPONDER will reply to the same user multiple times, it is how an auto responder works, you set (n) messages, i.e. 4. So when the user replies to you, you then send the next message in sequence.

From what you say, it seems the program is NOT detecting there are no more messages to send and repeating the last message, this SHOULD NOT happen. I will check.

But if you are only wanting to reply once to the user, then you don't need AUTO RESPONDER, use CUSTOM RESPONSE, with an empty token, so that the default message is sent to everyone once, this will be unique.

But still, the Auto Responder should work, so I will test that

Also, do you have logs showing this? HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

With the details of what you were doing, we could have been at this point (of me understanding the issue) a few days ago and you could have probably had a solution by now. It may not seem like a big difference, but using custom response / auto responder makes a big difference and is a completely different flow with functionality and the issue location is completely different. A description of what you did / what you expected / what was happening / what was wrong and a screenshot make all the world of a difference in understand the issue and knowing where to look for the bug

:)

Regards,
Martin
Sure, I will try with Custom replies then.

And, well, it replied to some DMs from last year, but didn't to some from last 3 months. Lol. I don't understand that, but maybe these logs will give you idea: 44566
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Bartekef wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:19 am And, well, it replied to some DMs from last year, but didn't to some from last 3 months.
hmmm ok. Let me check logs. Were these wrong DMs replied to, part of a conversation that had had a more recent reply, but the wrong message in the conversation was selected? Could that be a thing?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:19 am

Sure, I will try with Custom replies then.
yes that will "fix" the issue for you as in it won't happen any more. I'll keep looking into what is going wrong with the auto responder
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

According to logs, all scraped messages were 25th sept
10:03:43: Received DM :<text> from: <profile> Recvd: 2020-09-25 01:05
this was oldest replied to. So logs all look ok, I'll need to know which profile / DM was replied to that you think was months old. Any thing private: info / screenshots send to email:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Cannot replicate this at all.

Unless you did something to alter the database (deleted and re-added account / cleared processed logs / moved machined) or maybe the db record corrupted, then the program just won't process the same item.

That said, I have strengthened the checks, added a last read property so whatever was the cause before, it cannot happened again going forwad

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Regards,
Martin