Tweet mention not following; DM reply (scrape DMs)

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Tweet mention not following; DM reply (scrape DMs)

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:58 pm https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Regards,
Martin
Awesome, what about replying after X day?
Like to not reply to dms from 2017 etc. and for example Auto respond to dms that came only after 14th September
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:56 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:58 pm https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Regards,
Martin
Like to not reply to dms from 2017 etc. and for example Auto respond to dms that came only after 14th September
Sorry I missed that. The program "should" only reply to new DMs, so it shouldn't trawl back through DMs from 2017.

Are you saying it does?
Or just asking for the feature in case the program does but haven't checked?
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:15 pm
Bartekef wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:56 am

Regards,
Martin
Sorry I missed that. The program "should" only reply to new DMs, so it shouldn't trawl back through DMs from 2017.

Are you saying it does?
Or just asking for the feature in case the program does but haven't checked?
Yes when I used that before update, it would reply to the old DMs.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

testing here and is only pulling new messages. Make sure SCRAPE NEW MESSAGES ONLY is checked.

If the first time you are running it on an account, don't set a reply, just scrape messages to get the account up to the current time. Then create a scrape action with replies
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:16 pm testing here and is only pulling new messages. Make sure SCRAPE NEW MESSAGES ONLY is checked.

If the first time you are running it on an account, don't set a reply, just scrape messages to get the account up to the current time. Then create a scrape action with replies
Okay I think I managed to do so; another question - would it reply again the same message when someone who gets the 1st automated reply, replies to me?

Also I had some message requests and it didn't reply to them smh
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:55 pm Okay I think I managed to do so; another question - would it reply again the same message when someone who gets the 1st automated reply, replies to me?
Depends how you set your action. Custom token replies / auto responder /
Let me rub my magic ball to see if I can get the answer.... no nothing, so instead of relying on magic, I will need information from you :D

Action setup / logs.
Also confirm, you say "message requests" not DMs, are they different?
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:32 pm
Bartekef wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:55 pm Okay I think I managed to do so; another question - would it reply again the same message when someone who gets the 1st automated reply, replies to me?
Let me rub my magic ball to see if I can get the answer.... no nothing, so instead of relying on magic, I will need information from you :D

Action setup / logs.
Lol :D
I setup auto responder. And it would reply to every DM. Let me explain what I try to do;
basically I tweet mention user like "hey dm me"

He DMs me

I want autoresponder to reply with the message I set. That's it.

It seems to work, but then they would reply to this message again like "thanks", and next time auto responder send the same exact message again.
So I just want autoresponder to send only 1 message per acc. Possible?

This is my setup:

I use "auto responder sequence"
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:15 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:32 pm

Action setup / logs.
Lol :D
:lol:
I setup auto responder. And it would reply to every DM. Let me explain what I try to do;
basically I tweet mention user like "hey dm me"

He DMs me

I want autoresponder to reply with the message I set. That's it.

It seems to work, but then they would reply to this message again like "thanks", and next time auto responder send the same exact message again.
So I just want autoresponder to send only 1 message per acc. Possible?
ok, got it. AUTO RESPONDER will reply to the same user multiple times, it is how an auto responder works, you set (n) messages, i.e. 4. So when the user replies to you, you then send the next message in sequence.

From what you say, it seems the program is NOT detecting there are no more messages to send and repeating the last message, this SHOULD NOT happen. I will check.

But if you are only wanting to reply once to the user, then you don't need AUTO RESPONDER, use CUSTOM RESPONSE, with an empty token, so that the default message is sent to everyone once, this will be unique.

But still, the Auto Responder should work, so I will test that

Also, do you have logs showing this? HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

With the details of what you were doing, we could have been at this point (of me understanding the issue) a few days ago and you could have probably had a solution by now. It may not seem like a big difference, but using custom response / auto responder makes a big difference and is a completely different flow with functionality and the issue location is completely different. A description of what you did / what you expected / what was happening / what was wrong and a screenshot make all the world of a difference in understand the issue and knowing where to look for the bug

:)

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Doesn't happen here.

I send an DM to my_acc_1 from my_acc_2
I run AUTO RESPONDER, it sends the first reply in my sequence
I send another DM to my_acc_1 from my_acc_2
I run AUTO RESPONSE it does NOT duplicate sequence_mail_1 to my_acc_2

so I need to see logs of this happening please
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin