Deleted accounts reappear and changing username/password don't save etc

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
markds10

Deleted accounts reappear and changing username/password don't save etc

Post by markds10 »

Hi Martin,

I'm back after some time, checking out the bot again and stumbled on some issues, I had a lot of accounts that needed password change but twitter doesn't allow me to change them and keep logging me out in a loop, so I gave up on those accounts and wanted to delete them out of twitterdub, but when changing tabs in the bot or restarting twitterdub, the accounts that I deleted keep showing up again, I remember 6+ months ago I had this problem as well.
Also when trying to change the nickname or email address on the accounts, the same problem appears, the old nickname comes back again and the old email address, so there is an issue in the bot with saving those things.
I also have another problem, twitterdub can't login to one of my accounts because twitter asks to login with email or phone number because of security reasons. that account has an old (wrong) email address attacked in twitterdub but I can't change it because it won't save, maybe if it saves the correct email address Twitterdub is able to login on twitter again.

Best regards Mark.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Deleted accounts reappear and changing username/password don't save etc

Post by martin@rootjazz »

the accounts that I deleted keep showing up again
Please try this.

If you have AUTO RUN turned on PROCESSING tab, turn it off.
Restart app
Clear Logs: HELP > LOGS > DELETE
Delete some accounts
Restart app.
Are the accounts still there? If so, submit logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Also when trying to change the nickname or email address on the accounts, the same problem appears, the old nickname comes back again and the old email address
Please try this.
Make sure AUTO RUN is OFF
restart app
Clear logs: HELP > LOGS > DELETE
double click an account
Change email / username / whatever you want to check
Check / uncheck the box to NOT verify account on save. It might be labelled VERIFY ON SAVE or DO NOT VERIFY ON SAVE. Do what you need to do to NOT verify on save
Restart app
double click account, have the edits held or reset back to old?
Submit logs
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin
markds10

Post by markds10 »

Thank you, that worked perfectly all problems solved. :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

markds10 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:17 pm Thank you, that worked perfectly all problems solved. :)
Ok, then I think what could be happening is a known issue. IF you have accounts running in the processor, saves you make can be overridden when that account saves out after the action.

It is being worked on in the next major update, but that is still a few months off yet, so in the mean time, for updating accounts, it is best to NOT have them "processing" actions in the PROCESSOR
markds10

Post by markds10 »

ok, also when changing the accounts nickname or email address, should I always uncheck validate on save? or just stop the processor? and restart?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

markds10 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:40 pm ok, also when changing the accounts nickname or email address, should I always uncheck validate on save?
This just means the details are not tested. Everything else happens the save (save to disk)
or just stop the processor? and restart?
That would be best. And any actions currently running, would need to be cancelled and stop running