Twitterdub Folder Size

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
jamberry

Twitterdub Folder Size

Post by jamberry »

Just wanted to ask.. my TD folder have currently 44 Gb... are there any cache/temp files which I could delete without removing database of already processed users?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Twitterdub Folder Size

Post by martin@rootjazz »

that seems excessive.

You can run :
http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/

to visualise which folders are storing the most GB

anything in your database folder %appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub should be kept, other folders in the twitterdub folder can be deleted without major issues usually.

But double check with me which are you biggest folders and I will confirm
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

Okay, i have two instances of Twitterdub. In both of them the biggest folder is "chromesessions" and second is "logs". So can I remove their content?

BTW: small side question - option to "Use cookies" should be checked for regular use or not?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, yes you can delete chrome session folder. It is where chrome holds your browser session data. Don't know why they hold so much there tbh.

Deleting that folder, just means next time you use a browser module in teh app, it will have to log in
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:59 am

BTW: small side question - option to "Use cookies" should be checked for regular use or not?

yes always use cookies, unless you have a reason not to (clean login for example)
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

Great, thank you very much for your help.
axisar

Post by axisar »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:05 pm ok, yes you can delete chrome session folder. It is where chrome holds your browser session data. Don't know why they hold so much there tbh.

Deleting that folder, just means next time you use a browser module in teh app, it will have to log in
Why you just dont add two command line parameters i mentioned in suggestion thread to chrome to disable disk cache? this will reduce about a half of size this folder consumption
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

axisar wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:49 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:05 pm ok, yes you can delete chrome session folder. It is where chrome holds your browser session data. Don't know why they hold so much there tbh.

Why you just dont add two command line parameters i mentioned in suggestion thread to chrome to disable disk cache? this will reduce about a half of size this folder consumption
IF you mean: --disable-application-cache then to the best of my knowledge that disables all caching, so basically starting fresh each time with 0 cookies so requiring login each time, as the queue of browser actions could mean you process one like for acc_1 then a follow for acc_2 then a follow for acc_1, then a comment acc_3 etc, it would mean a lot of logins.

Unless you know of a way to keep cookies and somehow ignore the other 10s of gb that chrome likes to store
axisar

Post by axisar »

in suggestion thread. last page first post...
--disk-cache-size=1 --media-cache-size=1
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

let me check on those