BLOCK feature

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Bri

BLOCK feature

Post by Bri »

Please add a BLOCK feature.

I know I got you to add the *block /unblock from list* but this feature unblock (as intended)

I want to be able to block users from a list, and keep them BLOCKED, or if this already exists, please tell me how? :?:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: BLOCK feature

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Not currently possible. What are you trying to achieve by just blocking?
Bri

Post by Bri »

I want to keep the user blocked. Like I already stated. This will save me from ever following that account again 😅
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:42 pm I want to keep the user blocked. Like I already stated. This will save me from ever following that account again 😅
IF you just don't want to follow them, add them to the white/blacklist on the follow tab and the program will not follow them
Bri

Post by Bri »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:02 pm
Bri wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:42 pm I want to keep the user blocked. Like I already stated. This will save me from ever following that account again 😅
IF you just don't want to follow them, add them to the white/blacklist on the follow tab and the program will not follow them
I've already followed them lol, I want to block them and keep them blocked, also this block feature would be great for a scraped block list, and import it to another twitter account, as this is a twitter feature, available on the blocks page, you can export your block list, and import it to another account, cool huh :lol:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

So you want to keep following them, just not receive updates from them? Is that correct? You want to "mute" them, but didn't set the "mute" option when following them?

IS that correct?
Bri

Post by Bri »

No, the mute is a silly feature, I want to BLOCK users from a scape I've made, please.

Using the mute after following someone will probably get people banned.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:02 pm No, the mute is a silly feature, I want to BLOCK users from a scape I've made, please.

Using the mute after following someone will probably get people banned.
Then I don't understand. Why do you want to keep follow people and block them? What functionality does this provide that block>unblock does not?

You said before, you don't want to follow them again, but you want as the bot has them in the database
Bri

Post by Bri »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 pm Then I don't understand. Why do you want to keep follow people and block them?
I don't want to do such a thing. I've followed a lot of NSFW accounts by following followers of said account. I want to block these users from a list. And keep them blocked. So I don't follow them again. Inside the bot or outside the bot. Do you understand?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:04 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 pm Then I don't understand. Why do you want to keep follow people and block them?
I don't want to do such a thing. I've followed a lot of NSFW accounts by following followers of said account. I want to block these users from a list. And keep them blocked. So I don't follow them again. Inside the bot or outside the bot. Do you understand?

yes, but that feature does not exist. block>unblock does.
The bot will not follow them

I assume you will not follow them manually either. So what difference is there at the end result? Currently, you can run the block>unblock and it will do everything you want.

To have just a block feature, is more work for me, for *exactly* the same outcome.

0 new work = desired outcome
more work = desired outcome.

I can see no benefit to this feature from what you are said.

But, as always, your suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.