Followed by - followers you follow

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Bri

Followed by - followers you follow

Post by Bri »

I've been following a lot of gym accounts, and it has a lot of NSFW accounts that I've followed,

I want to remove these accounts, I want to scrape all accounts who follow said account. (then block to remove them) its taking ages manually lol

can be accessed publicly via https://twitter.com/gym/followers_you_follow

Then I want to scrape all the followers that i'm following *followers you follow*.

you can see the *Followed by* users by clicking on any profile whom you have mutual followings/followers
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Followed by - followers you follow

Post by martin@rootjazz »

1) Scrape all your followers
2) scrape all your followings

3) map those in list(1) and list(2) (should be able to find simple list processing online) then unfollow the results
Bri

Post by Bri »

I've got over 100k bud. It takes forever

However I think you misunderstood me.

I want to be able to visit any profile I specify. Then scape users from that URL. Then I'll remove the following / followers
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

However I think you misunderstood me.

I want to be able to visit any profile I specify. Then scape users from that URL. Then I'll remove the following / followers
As above, but scrape those profiles followers :)

I've got over 100k bud. It takes forever
Luckily you don't want to scrape those as it turns out: )

But followers_following scrape added to suggestions list
Bri

Post by Bri »

Thank you so much, Martin, you are amazing, I love your work, any idea how long this could take, is it simple to add?

It takes me over 6 hours just to run an unfollow process, any idea if this can be reduced, or will I have to deal with it,

I'm slowly trying to remove inactive followers, and non-engaging followers, to make my engagement better and follower count smaller
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:23 pm Thank you so much, Martin, you are amazing, I love your work, any idea how long this could take, is it simple to add?
Please note, I said I will add it to the suggestions list. There is no ETA on inclusion yet.
It takes me over 6 hours just to run an unfollow process, any idea if this can be reduced, or will I have to deal with it,
IF you have 100k, it is going to take a while as no realuser just scrolls and scrolls and scrolls and scrolls through their 100k followers list, so the program has to pause and go slow.
I'm slowly trying to remove inactive followers, and non-engaging followers, to make my engagement better and follower count smaller
IF you have scraped your followers already recently, then you can just work with that. IT may not be 100% uptodate accurate, but with your numbers it will be good enough.

You can then scrape your followers and check they are active. WARNING this is quite intensive as you need to get the users feed, their likes, their reposts, their replies etc, so many requests per profile. IF they haven't done anything for 30 days, or 90 days, get rid of them.

Another way, is to scrape all your posts of the last 30 days and and get all likers / retweeters / repliers to know who is engaging with you. HOWEVER WARNING twitter doesn't show all the likers so you may miss some metrics.

But it depends how brutal you want to me. I assume most the 100k are NOT engaging, otherwise you would be getting 50k likes per tweet, so you could end up culling your followers down to 10k or whatever your engagement level is.

Now engagement is good, but so are follower numbers. What the best happy medium is, I have no idea. But just some things to be aware of
Bri

Post by Bri »

Lots of information and I appreciate it, but I will try and wait and hope that in time we can scrape users from any URL provided, soon...

eg; scrape users from URL, and we can use any URL. https://twitter.com/chosenuser/followers_you_follow

Thanks, Martin.