login issue

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: login issue

Post by martin@rootjazz »

tested update accounts:
new username / name / location / bio / avatar / header.

All worked from a clean login
Bri

Post by Bri »

Testing now
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

should detect the bad auth cookies and force a clean login through new routine.
Bri

Post by Bri »

Martin you are fucking awesome, the fix worked. ♥

All I did was selected my accounts, then did a clean login.

I also run a follow process, with all accounts, and it works. as Borat says: Great Success! :lol:

anyone else wants to know, I logged in without checking cookies or the force option, I just selected accounts, then Verify login web (worked for me)

Martin, can you please explain the force (login)? do we really need it, a normal login should work fine
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:55 pm Martin you are fucking awesome, the fix worked. ♥
Thanks for confirming, was a nightmare 2 days of 14 hours each, but got there in the end :)
All I did was selected my accounts, then did a clean login.
Not sure if you noticed the new new update, but it should now detect your previous issue and force a clean login automatically, so you wouldn't even need to do a manual clean login, just run an action normally
I also run a follow process, with all accounts, and it works. as Borat says: Great Success! :lol:

anyone else wants to know, I logged in without checking cookies or the force option, I just selected accounts, then Verify login web (worked for me)

Martin, can you please explain the force (login)? do we really need it, a normal login should work fine
If your account gets a response from twitter that POTENTIALLY means your account is at risk of being banned, then TW puts a block on your account, until you manually review it / remove the block. With this block nothing will work (to protect your account as it could be one more action pushes it over the edge and causes twitter to bring down the banhammer.

The FORCE option will just bypass that block for a login check and will keep the block inplace (unless the login goes smooth which implies the risk is over)

so typically you will NOT want to check force, but if the account refuses to attempt a login, and you want it to try , you can check force.
Bri

Post by Bri »

Ok mate thanks. We appreciate your time and efforts.

Just for your information. I believe the bot is checked by default to do a force login
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:04 pm Ok mate thanks. We appreciate your time and efforts.

Just for your information. I believe the bot is checked by default to do a force login
really? Not for me.
Bri

Post by Bri »

Yup, just closed TD and opened to check. vers: 3080

While you're going to be editing in this area, why not rename the Verify Login button :) remove 'web' text (OCD) :lol:
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

Login issue still here for me even after update.. via "verify login web" everything is okay, via embed browser everything is okay but when I want to edit accounts then I get "WARNING: authentication issue - account needs to log in again!"

LOG ID: 34038
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:20 pm Login issue still here for me even after update.. via "verify login web" everything is okay, via embed browser everything is okay but when I want to edit accounts then I get "WARNING: authentication issue - account needs to log in again!"

LOG ID: 34038
you did UNCHECK use cookies on VERIFY:LOGIN?

Testing editing all functions of account, and all worked for me. Could I test your account? If so, export and email it over

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com

Regards,
Martin