Multisearch flagging accounts?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
jamberry

Multisearch flagging accounts?

Post by jamberry »

Is it possible that multisearch could somehow link and flag all accounts? Because every time I switch from normal/custom search to multisearch then all my accounts (100-200) are suspended within 2 days.. tried 3 times.

My settings looks like this - https://imgur.com/UmSilRs

Next step I simply click "Followers of" -> Add -> Clear selection and add next options.

Could I be setting something wrong? Is there something which I should avoid?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Multisearch flagging accounts?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

your multi search seems to be of about 100 different searches, are they all performing 6 items per search?

Seems you are using one account for the multi search (not shared). That's ALOT of processing for one day. Maybe you just doing too much?
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

I have list of 135 source accounts and I target their followers and users which interacted with their content - so in total 270 different searches. All actions are set to 6 and fluctuate by 3.

Not sure what you mean by using one account - im switching to multi search when I have 150+ accounts otherwise I would have so many processes and 100 threads isn't enough to perform all of them. Because if I have lets tell 200 accounts - thats 200 processes for "Followers of", 200 processes for "Active users" and another 200 for Welcome DMs.. thats 600 processes in total. Without multi search there are huge delays in start of processes.

I need to follow only 40 people per day per account. Problem is some of my sources are limited so I need to have multiple sources per one account - just in case - if one account have no more users to follow from source A - then start scraping source B etc...

If you could you help me how to optimize follow settings to achieve what im looking for then it would be amazing :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:50 pm I have list of 135 source accounts and I target their followers and users which interacted with their content - so in total 270 different searches. All actions are set to 6 and fluctuate by 3.

Not sure what you mean by using one account - im switching to multi search when I have 150+ accounts otherwise I would have so many processes and 100 threads isn't enough to perform all of them. Because if I have lets tell 200 accounts - thats 200 processes for "Followers of", 200 processes for "Active users" and another 200 for Welcome DMs.. thats 600 processes in total. Without multi search there are huge delays in start of processes.
If you do NOT click shared, each account will perform the 135 searches (for each input) and follow 3-9 profiles. That is about 600 follows a day. That is a lot.

If you DID check SHARED action and selected 100 accounts, then the 600 follows are shared between your 100 accounts, so each performs about 6 follows. The search requests are also shared so no one account is ever performing too many requests.
I need to follow only 40 people per day per account.
Then you should NOT be creating an action that will follow 600.
If you could you help me how to optimize follow settings to achieve what im looking for then it would be amazing :)
Are you wanting your 200 accounts to all follow the same profiles? If not, share action is probably better for you and you can round up all your actions to one.

But also, you do not want to be searching followers of the same profiles over and over again, it is a bit of a footprint, so it can be better to get the profiles to follow in one go, rather than in short bursts, but that answer will take some testing.

But if all your accounts are being banned after the multi search, STOP for now. Test them with other searches (hashtag search is simple) and see if that helps - search 40 users a day and follow. IF that goes through all good, then it probably is the over requesting of the multi search and we can look into that

Regards,
Martin
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

Then you should NOT be creating an action that will follow 600.
I have set global daily limit for 40 then accounts are not following anymore.
Are you wanting your 200 accounts to all follow the same profiles? If not, share action is probably better for you and you can round up all your actions to one.
No no, each account should follow different profiles. I have .txt file with 135 usernames to scrape - I tried to create follow process with "Share across accounts" but it created 135 processes - one per username from txt file.

So if I use shared action for 200 accounts it looks like this:
Source 1 - Arnold Schwarzenneger - 200 accounts -> so 200 accounts are going to scrape Arnold Schwarzenegger's followers.
Source 2 - Donald Trump - 200 accounts -> so all 200 accounts are again going to scrape Donald Trump followers.

So the questions are:
1. How to put multiple searches into single shared action?
2. How to correctly set amount of follows? If I have 200 accounts and I want to follow 6 users per account, fluctuated by 3 then I have to set to follow 1200 users and fluctuate by 600?
But if all your accounts are being banned after the multi search, STOP for now. Test them with other searches (hashtag search is simple) and see if that helps - search 40 users a day and follow. IF that goes through all good, then it probably is the over requesting of the multi search and we can look into that
Im currently using custom search and its working without issues.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:01 pm
No no, each account should follow different profiles. I have .txt file with 135 usernames to scrape - I tried to create follow process with "Share across accounts" but it created 135 processes - one per username from txt file.
Unless you are taking other measures, having each account run the same searches WILL result in the accounts following the same profiles.

But it sounds like your SHARED ACTION was setup wrongly, as it should build the exact same actions if shared is checked or not. Build the multi search, check SHARE ACTION (not shared terms) and all accounts will be added to the action
So if I use shared action for 200 accounts it looks like this:
Source 1 - Arnold Schwarzenneger - 200 accounts -> so 200 accounts are going to scrape Arnold Schwarzenegger's followers.
Source 2 - Donald Trump - 200 accounts -> so all 200 accounts are again going to scrape Donald Trump followers.
the program scrapes (n) followers, then your 200 accounts will share out the following of that (n).

If you create a multi action, you will have your 100+ sources in a single action.
IF you bulk create single search actions, you will 100+ actions, one for each source
So the questions are:
1. How to put multiple searches into single shared action?
Create the multi search as normal and check SHARED.
2. How to correctly set amount of follows? If I have 200 accounts and I want to follow 6 users per account, fluctuated by 3 then I have to set to follow 1200 users and fluctuate by 600?
Your use of fluctuate here is pointless, as you are limiting heavily with daily limits. You are returning 300-900 results (currently) but only following 40 (limit). For now, ignore fluctuate, it is just complicating things
Im currently using custom search and its working without issues.
If it is working without issues, maybe stick with that for now? Unless you want to run tests with multi search with the risk the same happens again if set up incorrectly?

We can work through it if you want, but the decision and risk is up to you

Regards,
Martin
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

If you create a multi action, you will have your 100+ sources in a single action.
Then it doesn't work or I have to do something wrong - check screens below please - for this one I used .txt file with 64 usernames as sources.

I setup multi search action like this - https://imgur.com/rN3VT40 - "share across accounts" is checked
And this is what I get - https://imgur.com/7AxCRUG - one process per each username from .txt file = 64 sources in .txt file = 64 processes

I would like to scale to 500+ accounts so multi search is probably only possible option.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:49 am
Then it doesn't work or I have to do something wrong - check screens below please - for this one I used .txt file with 64 usernames as sources.

I setup multi search action like this - https://imgur.com/rN3VT40 - "share across accounts" is checked
And this is what I get - https://imgur.com/7AxCRUG - one process per each username from .txt file = 64 sources in .txt file = 64 processes

I would like to scale to 500+ accounts so multi search is probably only possible option.
that doesn't look right. Running tests now...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Working fine here.

1) open app
2) goto FOLLOW tab
3) click MULTI SEARCH (create multiple)
4) check shared
5) select all accounts
6) create action

goto processing tab, there is 1 action.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

oh, you're using twitterdub, I testing instadub. Checking correct app now ....