Global Automention Logs Issues

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Leorion

Global Automention Logs Issues

Post by Leorion »

Hello.

I stopped all that I was doing cause I'm now facing a big issue
Indeed, I received several comments that claims people were Mention more than one time
I always made sure to put the same Word in the automention global log pannel (I always put "Youtube 2"), so I really I don't undersand and I am really worried because of this.

I trusted this fonctionnality but I'm paying the consequences right now. (Lot of Dislike on Youtube and comments that claims that they received messages from a bot more than Twice).

Please help me asap.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Global Automention Logs Issues

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Do you mean you used

1)multiple accounts and they all mentioned the same users?

Or
2)a single account mentioned the same users multiple times?

if (1), can you: goto FOLLOW tab, check a single account right click > GLOBAL LOGS > GLOBAL MENTIONS
Does it show the global mention log name?

Test it on a couple of accounts. Does it show correct?

Just tested here on two accounts with a global mentions log:

IGNORE: profile_1 already processed
IGNORE: profile_2 already processed
IGNORE: profile_3 already processed
IGNORE: profile_4 already processed
logs show it working across accounts.

Have you noticed it happening in the last week? IF so it will still be in your logs: HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)
Leorion

Post by Leorion »

That's the issue number 1

All is alright when I ckeck the automention Logs
I think I got where is the Problem. Sometimes I can have a really high number of active accounts (about a thousand). I have 100 thread working so I think that the issue can be that accounts are searching for people (via custom search) and find the same person to mention at the exact same moment unfortunately.

I set before the max number of scrap people as 3, before each Tweet Mention
I did 20 to maybe solve this issue ? Do you think it can be a solution ?

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, that could be the issue (depends).

How are you specifying users to mention?

1) From a list you enter?
2) From a search perform at the start of the action
3) Or per comment / post

If you have 100 actions performing a search at the start of the action, then when the actions run, they check global logs and the results have NOT yet been mention, so are marked as valid for mentions. But by the time it comes to inserting the @mention there could be duplicates.

It would probably be better to
a) reduce the threads somewhat
b) use (3) to search for users to mention just before the @mentions are inserted

I will take a look and see what can be done to better handle such extensive concurrent actions / @mention searches.
Leorion

Post by Leorion »

Hello, I use from a search perform at the start of the action

I was already in 3 max scrap users each time when the issue occur

Thus, I made in to 20 now, do you think it's a good idea ?

It would be awesome if you find a sure solution, cause unfortunately I'm loosing credit when I mention one person several time
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Leorion wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:40 amHello, I use from a search perform at the start of the action

that is probably the issue, as point of search they have not been used.

Are all actions using the same search to find users to mention?

I can probably avoid duplicate mentions with some checks are posting time BUT if the action thinks it needs 1000 mentions, it scrapes a 1000 at action start.

If 10 actions are all running the same search, the action will NOT have enough mentions to meet your specification. Not going to be a way around this (but it won't duplicate, just not do (x) per post).

The best bet would be for you to scrape the mentions manually and input the (n)k profiles into the left side, which can be used for multiple actions and are checked for previous usage before selected.

HOWEVER, with 100s of threads, there could still be timing issues, so lowering threads doing the same things would also help
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

had a walk through the code, even searching once at start of action, should still double check global logs when selecting from the result set. But there is a slight timing issue that can come about it multiple actions trying to pull the same global records at exactly the same time, which I think is your issue.

I can probably improve it somewhat, but there could still be occasions where some dupes slip through if 100s of actions trying to read and write at same time
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, should have fixed it.

Only issue will be, if you run 2 identical searches pre action, and they both grab 300 results, they will pull the SAME results.

So as they work through the mention results they will NOT have enough to perform all the mentions. The only way to handle this would be to only allow one search for mentions at a time in the app, so the program will need to lock heavily ALL other actions with mention scrapes which is going to bother everyone not running 100s of actions at the same time.

Hopefully the new solution is a compromise to avoid dupes, but at the expense of not hitting all mentions. But we can review and see how it goes and see if perhaps new updates needed.

The next update will include this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
Leorion

Post by Leorion »

Okay, huge thanks to you, once again :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I think the new version went out already and I forgot to tell you. But I will reupload to be sure and let you know when ready (next few hours)

Regards,
Martin