Load list of hashtags/keywords

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Load list of hashtags/keywords

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Are you SURE you have the file path correct?

If the file path exists, the file is read and each line is used to create a search
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

Like I said already without ",rand" it is working. But that is not what I'm trying to do. I want to load list of kw and when action run TD randomly picks one kw for that action. Like when you load a list of ppl you wanna follow and TD randomly pick one of them <- this is working fine.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Robertos wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:24 am Like I said already without ",rand" it is working. But that is not what I'm trying to do. I want to load list of kw and when action run TD randomly picks one kw for that action. Like when you load a list of ppl you wanna follow and TD randomly pick one of them <- this is working fine.
If you only want to pick one of them, then you DO NOT want to use MULTI SEARCH.

That is the WRONG function.

If you just want to select one of your inputs, use a spintax input

Code: Select all

{1|2|3|4}
and one input is selected to perform the search for that action.
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:25 pm If you just want to select one of your inputs, use a spintax input
Spintax is for spinning sentences (tweet post, BIO, etc). It's not suitable for dealing with a list of kw. In my case, its large list and I'm doing some changes over time.
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:25 pm If you only want to pick one of them, then you DO NOT want to use MULTI SEARCH.
That is the WRONG function.
That multi-search I build was just an example for this thread and for testing. I'm using more than one action in multi-search and my processor tab is already overloaded with actions.
If you think that this is the way how to build multi-search just leave it as is.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Robertos wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:03 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:25 pm If you just want to select one of your inputs, use a spintax input
Spintax is for spinning sentences (tweet post, BIO, etc). It's not suitable for dealing with a list of kw. In my case, its large list and I'm doing some changes over time.
I am telling you how to perform the search you have specified you wanted to perform with examples and with the details you have provided :)

Spintax IS the solution for you and IS suitable for dealing with a list of keywords. Why ask me for the solution only to tell me it isn't the solution? If it isn't explain why.

If you think that this is the way how to build multi-search just leave it as is.
I am explain how multi search works Multi search does NOT do what you want. Spintax input to normal search does.
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:53 pm
I am telling you how to perform the search you have specified you wanted to perform with examples and with the details you have provided :)

Spintax IS the solution for you and IS suitable for dealing with a list of keywords. Why ask me for the solution only to tell me it isn't the solution? If it isn't explain why.
Why would I need to explain why I think a list is better than spinning kw? I ask because I wanna know is it meant to work like that or it is a bug to be fixed. To me, it looks like a bug - for you this is normal.

Why we dont spinning a list of users if that format is better?
Why you didn't implement error handling so if wrong format is input we get an error message for example?
Do you actually know limits on how many spinned kw can be used in TD?
Why are we debating if we know that you won't "fix" any of this?
... lets simply go on...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Robertos wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:00 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:53 pm

Why would I need to explain why I think a list is better than spinning kw? I ask because I wanna know is it meant to work like that or it is a bug to be fixed. To me, it looks like a bug - for you this is normal.
Because the list doesn't do what you want in multi shared. You cannot do what you want that way.

MULTI SEARCH is a way to combine MULTIPLE searches into a single action. It's whole purpose - the reason for it's creation was to allow you to basically perform multiple actions within a single action. It is not meant to perform one of the search actions specified.

To select a single search from multiple inputs, you either
a) use spintax
b) create multiple actions and delay them accordingly.

Why you didn't implement error handling so if wrong format is input we get an error message for example?
Because I cannot possible imagine all the wrong ways people will do things. You would be surprised at the ingenuity some people have for doing things wrong.
Do you actually know limits on how many spinned kw can be used in TD?
No, I imagine the input box has a text length limit for 100s if not 1000s of inputs
Why are we debating if we know that you won't "fix" any of this?
because you were arguing the way to do what you want is wrong and the way not to do it is right. And I am explaining that that is the way to do what you want.