About Deleted Accounts and Global Logs

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Leorion

About Deleted Accounts and Global Logs

Post by Leorion »

Hello.
I think I understood how great was the "Global Logs" thing, and first I would like you to tell me if I'm wrong :
Global Logs is able to make accounts Auto-mention or Follow different users, even if they have the same List. So anyone can't be mentionned or followed twice if Accounts have all the same Global Logs. And it still work if I add account in the future : They won't make actions to the users arleady treated in the past.

But now I was wondering. What happen if I delete a "Global Log account" that did actions to some users ?? Will the treated users by this account will be treated again in the future ?

Other question : What if I add a Account that already proccessed actions on users when he wasn't in the Global Logs, and then put it in a Global Log Group. Will this account do actions on already processed user ? Or the other accounts will do actions on the processed user by this new "Global Log Account" ?

Thank you in advance
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: About Deleted Accounts and Global Logs

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Leorion wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:33 pm Hello.
I think I understood how great was the "Global Logs" thing, and first I would like you to tell me if I'm wrong :
Global Logs is able to make accounts Auto-mention or Follow different users, even if they have the same List. So anyone can't be mentionned or followed twice if Accounts have all the same Global Logs. And it still work if I add account in the future : They won't make actions to the users arleady treated in the past.
Yes. By default, each account has it's own PROCESSED_RECORDS in the database to make sure it doesn't duplicate actions. But if you want acc_a to not process items processed by acc_b, you can use a global log. It is a log, any account can be added to / removed to and if that global log has been marked as processing an item, then any account using that global log can be considered to have processed it already itself.

Standard reply for uniqueness
To not process duplicate items across multiple accounts, you have multiple options.

1) SHARED ACTIONS.
When you run a SHARED ACTION, the "already processed" lists for each account in the shared action is used to ensure, no item is processed if any of the accounts in the shared action have already processed the item. Additionally, the items that are processed in the shared action are recorded by all accounts and not processed by any account (in the shared action) in the future (even if an account is running a single account action)

2) Manual MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS.
On the action tabs (eg follow tab) you can select multiple accounts and select MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS. This will run a function to merge the processed items lists of all selected accounts at that point in time. Meaning no item processed by any account in the merge *already* will be processed again. This is a one-off merge, meaning the processed lists will diverge as you run more separate actions in future. Please note, if you perform this on the follow tab, only the followed processed items are merged.

3) Global processed logs - (most of the time people want this option)
Again, on the action tabs (eg follow tab) select your accounts, right click GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS > ADD
What this does is sync all select accounts togeth their processed lists. This means the synced accounts will never process duplicate items regardless of what type of actions is used (shared / single). The difference between (2) "manual merge" is that this is a permanent sync, there will never be any duplication. Again this only applies to the action tab applied to (so only follow items if performed on the follow tab, only like items if performed on like tab)

But now I was wondering. What happen if I delete a "Global Log account" that did actions to some users ?? Will the treated users by this account will be treated again in the future ?
Nothing the global log is not account dependant. When an account using the global log does anything, the global log is updated. If you delete that account, the global log is still valid and working for any other accounts using it
Other question : What if I add a Account that already proccessed actions on users when he wasn't in the Global Logs, and then put it in a Global Log Group. Will this account do actions on already processed user ? Or the other accounts will do actions on the processed user by this new "Global Log Account" ?
accounts have to be using the global log in order to update it.
Leorion

Post by Leorion »

Okay so,
I just realized that even if I thought understand how Global Log works, I wasn't finally.
Indeed, I had interest to use Global Logs only with the Tweet Tab, and I thought that by setting up Global Logs in Follow Tab, It'll set them for all tabs, but I was wrong cause "this only applies to the action tab applied to (so only follow items if performed on the follow tab, only like items if performed on like tab)"

I just realize that by seeing that some people were receiving the same Mention way much more than Twice.

So, what I plan to do is :
-> Go to Tweet Tab
-> Assign Mention by Custom Search (recent Twitter Search-Creator of the Tweet)
-> Post Using a Long Lived File, with setting pause between each Tweet
-> and SHARE ACCROSS ACCOUNT and Set Thread to "1"
(And doing this for all account)

This way, will I be able to mention different users for sure, if I "Share accross accounts" with All Account ?
Then, I suppose, in contrary of the Global Logs, that if I delete a Account, then the Users processed previously by this Account will be all mentionable again ??

Thanks for the help
Leorion

Post by Leorion »

Sorry for the double post

I tried the way I exposed you the post above, and unfortunately, accounts still mention sames users twice...

Shared Account row is always selected, so I don't know how to mass mention without mention the same user more than 1 time

A "Global Log" fonction for the Tweet Tab would be really perfect, or something that does the same...
Leorion

Post by Leorion »

?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Leorion wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:01 pm Okay so,
I just realized that even if I thought understand how Global Log works, I wasn't finally.
Indeed, I had interest to use Global Logs only with the Tweet Tab, and I thought that by setting up Global Logs in Follow Tab, It'll set them for all tabs, but I was wrong cause "this only applies to the action tab applied to (so only follow items if performed on the follow tab, only like items if performed on like tab)"
Correct global tabs are specified to the actions tabs they were set on.
I just realize that by seeing that some people were receiving the same Mention way much more than Twice.
https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

to set global logs for AUTOMENTIONS, check the accounts, right click > GLOBAL PROCESSING > MENTIONS
Leorion

Post by Leorion »

You're truly amazing.
I test it as soon as i come home
Leorion

Post by Leorion »

Hello.
After downloading the update, I tested this new "Automention Global Log" Feature.
It's not working.

Indeed, I'm still mentionning people more than twice with the "Tweet Tab", and I was at first a little bit surprised because I thought that this fonctionnality would not be in the "Follow Tab", because of what you told me about Global Logs that applies only in the Tab they are set in.

I always made sure to give accounts the same "automention global logs". Nothing to do, that's not working and this feature isn't even appearing in Logs or Raw logs of processing accounts...

What can I do ?
Thanks for the help
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Please describe how you are performing your auto mentions (setup / options / screenshots useful)

Submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

REGARDS,
MARTIN
Leorion

Post by Leorion »

Replied by email :)