Can twitterdub track trending topics, then scrape and retweet?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Can twitterdub track trending topics, then scrape and retweet?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

lsberic wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:20 pm This scraper tool is very powerful. I love it. Amazing all that can be done.

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:54 pm
As explained above, it finds the trending terms for the location specified for your account.
top right it will say TRENDS, click the link for more and you can get about 20 trends.
This is what is shown.

What i was describing in this thread was this:
1. user enters the keyword.
2. user instructs twitterdub to check the keyword for x period of time.
3. if the keyword is tweeted out y number of times (by different accounts) over x period of time it is considered trending.
4. twitterdub then performs an action (like, retweet, scrape url for more twitter links, or send out a custom tweet with the trending term,etc)
Not sure I understand. If you search for #keyword over a time period, you are going to get 10000s of results. How can that be used for trending? You have nothing to compare it against.

For actual trending keywords, just use the trending endpoints
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:54 pm Not sure I understand. If you search for #keyword over a time period, you are going to get 10000s of results. How can that be used for trending? You have nothing to compare it against.

For actual trending keywords, just use the trending endpoints
I would get 1000's of results only if the term started trending.

Remember the video from my 2nd post.

For example, what would I do, today with twitterdub, if I wanted to see if the keyword mindfulness began trending?

BTW - by trending I mean, the keyword appears in different tweets, let's say, 1000 times in the US over the next 5 hours.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

but twitter doesn't say "there are (n) results". You would have to scrape all results to get anumber regularly. You are going to get hit with blocks.

And unless your keyword has <100 complete results, this just won't work.

And what are the chances of a random keyword with currently only 40 results, suddenly getting 40000 that are checking?
newjerseyguy

Post by newjerseyguy »

Isberic, I see what you are trying to get accomplished. Just sent you a PM. Want to see if we can figure this out together. Seems like you are both close...

--------------------------------
99% sure this is spam, so ignore it:
martin