Not following the set amount

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
SkullLife

Not following the set amount

Post by SkullLife »

So I set an account to follow the "followings" of another user. The account I'm setting it to follow has over 100k followers/followings.

On my settings I have it set to 1000 actions and have it set with some filters. Problem is after 1000 actions it completes and I sometimes end up with maybe 50 follows. Under the Global setting you can set a max follows but on the follow screen it doesn't allow you to set the number of follows only number of actions. Is there a way to set the number of users you would like to follow instead of only the number of actions?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Not following the set amount

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The settings tab limits are global, applied to all accounts. If you have set an ACCOUNT limit (account details form) then this will OVERRIDE the global limit.

As to why you end up with 50, I would need to see the end of the action logs as they should indicate why. If the issue has occurred within the last 7 days, please submit logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

It's not always 50, the number varies. Sometimes it's 71, 23, 82, etc. I believe it's from the filters set with the number of actions.

Example: If I have the following tab set to 1000 actions with a filter of "Twitted within last 7 days, ratio of .50, minimum 10 posts etc. and only 47 users users out of the 1000 meet the criteria, then the program will complete after only following the 47 users.

Instead of finishing after the set number of "Actions" are run on the follow tab, I was trying to have it finish after following the set number of "Follows" but there is nowhere to input number of "Follows", only number of "Actions".

Would it be possible to set the program to complete the process only after running a set number of actions that have a filter included as in 1000 Follow actions and not just 1000 overall actions?

I've somewhat found a work around but it's not exact.

I've set the Follow Tab to run 5000 actions before stopping however I also have the Global Follow Limit set to 400 so the the process will also stop once it's hit that. It seems that the Twitter limit is 400 Follows per day. That's why I picked 400. With my Follow filters set when I was running it at 1000 actions only around 50-80 (5-8%) or so were meeting the criteria. Now by increasing the overall actions to 5000 that same 5-8% is closer to the 400 mark.

The issue with this is that sometimes the 5000 actions may not be enough so that's why I say a somewhat work around that's not exact. The only way to get the right numbers every time would be, to be able to set the process to "action 400 users being followed" not just 400 general actions.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

SkullLife wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:31 pm It's not always 50, the number varies. Sometimes it's 71, 23, 82, etc. I believe it's from the filters set with the number of actions.

Example: If I have the following tab set to 1000 actions with a filter of "Twitted within last 7 days, ratio of .50, minimum 10 posts etc. and only 47 users users out of the 1000 meet the criteria, then the program will complete after only following the 47 users.
Without knowing what you are doing exactly and logs, I cannot say why this is happening. Usually the program will not hit limits due to

a) bad search / filters. You say you want 1000 items, but after search is complete and filters run there just aren't that many items.
b) twitter blocks / bad responses / errors occur so program drops out
c) daily limits kick in
Instead of finishing after the set number of "Actions" are run on the follow tab, I was trying to have it finish after following the set number of "Follows" but there is nowhere to input number of "Follows", only number of "Actions".
It means the same.
Create FOLLOW tab action with 10 max_actions and the action will follow 10 profiles. I agree the wording is not great, I'll look into that

Would it be possible to set the program to complete the process only after running a set number of actions that have a filter included as in 1000 Follow actions and not just 1000 overall actions?
IT all depends why the program is not hitting the limit as set already. But it is unlikely the whole action flow is going to be updated any time soon in all honesty
The issue with this is that sometimes the 5000 actions may not be enough so that's why I say a somewhat work around that's not exact. The only way to get the right numbers every time would be, to be able to set the process to "action 400 users being followed" not just 400 general actions.
Again all depends on what is exactly happening