You are unable to follow more people at this time

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Bri

You are unable to follow more people at this time

Post by Bri »

Can you please make the bot stop follow action when we receive the warning 'You are unable to follow more people at this time'
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: You are unable to follow more people at this time

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Send logs showing this (copy and paste just the snippet if you have it, or full logs otherwise.

Program should have detected this, but I guess the response has changed slightly so program failing to detect
Bri

Post by Bri »

18:48:38: * WARNING: Request failed with Twitter response: You are unable to follow more people at this time. Learn more \u003Ca href='http:\/\/support.twitter.com\/articles\/66885-i-can-t-follow-people-follow-limits'\u003Ehere\u003C\/a\u003E.
18:48:38: ERROR RESP FROM TWITTER: 161 You are unable to follow more people at this time. Learn more <a

This is why I need the recalibrate fixing, as I cant unfollow accounts
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

Ok, So this is good that it now stops immediately when the follow limit has been reached whereas before it would have to fail multiple times before it would stop.
However, this has caused a new problem to arise that wasn't an issue before. Now, the entire action fails and does not start again.

Before it would stop and run again at the scheduled time. Now it fails and does not start again at all.

I have actions set to run 100-1000 times so I can basically set it and not worry about it. I may go a few days between checking the action for issues.
Now if the action reaches the daily limit it will terminate with a FAIL and that's it. The only way to get it to start again is to manually click on it and select "REDO" to get it to start the same action again, by creating a duplicate action. As you can see from the image below for the second line, it ran 18 out of 1000 times and now because of the FAILED it wont run again.

Is there a way you can add a command to the program when it terminates for this reason to automatically "REDO" in 24 hours which would be the time frame Twitter has before follows are allowed again? OR simply set the action to stop as if it completed but not throw a FAIL in which it doesn't start again.
Bri

Post by Bri »

Martin, you are the best :P
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

SkullLife wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:03 pm Ok, So this is good that it now stops immediately when the follow limit has been reached whereas before it would have to fail multiple times before it would stop.
However, this has caused a new problem to arise that wasn't an issue before. Now, the entire action fails and does not start again.

Before it would stop and run again at the scheduled time. Now it fails and does not start again at all.

I have actions set to run 100-1000 times so I can basically set it and not worry about it. I may go a few days between checking the action for issues.
Now if the action reaches the daily limit it will terminate with a FAIL and that's it. The only way to get it to start again is to manually click on it and select "REDO" to get it to start the same action again, by creating a duplicate action. As you can see from the image below for the second line, it ran 18 out of 1000 times and now because of the FAILED it wont run again.

Is there a way you can add a command to the program when it terminates for this reason to automatically "REDO" in 24 hours which would be the time frame Twitter has before follows are allowed again? OR simply set the action to stop as if it completed but not throw a FAIL in which it doesn't start again.
The action has been cancelled because you are following too many. If action repeats in 1 minute, or 1 hour you will still be following too many. You need to run an unfollow action, then restart the follow action
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:54 pm
SkullLife wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:03 pm Ok, So this is good that it now stops immediately when the follow limit has been reached whereas before it would have to fail multiple times before it would stop.

The action has been cancelled because you are following too many. If action repeats in 1 minute, or 1 hour you will still be following too many. You need to run an unfollow action, then restart the follow action

I have to disagree with you on this one Martin. It's not that the account is following too many. It's that Twitter now has a Hard Limit 400 follows a day maximum policy for non-verified accounts and 1000 for verified accounts. Any follows after the max will result in the message. It needs to wait 24 hours before following again regardless of the number you follow

SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

The account I'm showing has around 20,000 followers and is only following around 17,000.