Scraping a twitter profile follower?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Kholla

Scraping a twitter profile follower?

Post by Kholla »

Hey Admin,

I failed to find any tutorial where I can scrape followers in TwitterDub?

Is there any such feature where I can scrape details of any follower on TwitterDub?

Let me know, Cheers!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Scraping a twitter profile follower?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

SCRAPER tab

SEARCH USERS
custom search > FOLLOWERS
input: profile to scrape followers of

Custom search tutorial:

Twitterdub custom search tutorial
- Explains how to build a search and specify how many results per step (optional)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYP9Gvh2n-M
shaily

Post by shaily »

Hi Martin,
This approach works if you are looking at only small number of followers. If one wants to download followers of an influencer then it becomes very difficult.
Do you have an approach to download all followers of someone with millions of followers.

Ideas??

Shaily
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

shaily wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:41 am Hi Martin,
This approach works if you are looking at only small number of followers. If one wants to download followers of an influencer then it becomes very difficult.
Do you have an approach to download all followers of someone with millions of followers.

Ideas??

Shaily
The problem with this is, no REAL user is ever going to scroll through a million results. It is similar to shouting out I AM A BOT.

That is, even if twitter will return all the results, knowing that no REAL user is going to scroll through millions of results, they just refuse to serve more results after (n)k to save the database / server hit.

Also, be wary, a lot of "influencers" buy their followers. I have seen logs of people who tried to follow an "influencers" followers, only to follow thousands upon thousands of fake followers. Going through them manually, it was obvious they were all fake.

Also, some users follow big accounts, have no desire to check out / follow back smaller accounts. So a lot of your follows are just wasted.

With filtering you can improve things, but probably their are better searches you can perform to find interactive users.
hjjkim

Post by hjjkim »

Hi Martin.
If I assign "Global processed log" to 10 accounts and let them scrap followers from a twitter profile, they will scrap same followers twice?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

hjjkim wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:30 am Hi Martin.
If I assign "Global processed log" to 10 accounts and let them scrap followers from a twitter profile, they will scrap same followers twice?
yes (for SCRAPER action)

Global Processed log only applies to actions: follow / like / comment / retweet etc