I can't follow

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: I can't follow

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Robertos wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:12 pm
Respectfully, you are not me and I have infinite more experience debugging, fixing, identifying issues than anyone. No one knows the software more thoroughly than me. Not trying to be cocky, this is just a fact (and probably goes without saying as it would be worrying if this was not the cause)
Cmon I wanna help but how I can send you logs of something specific when I can't log in at all?
Unless you mean you cannot open the program. In which case I completely misunderstood your issue and apologies, but I don't think this is the case.

Then logs of failed logins are very useful. The program logs out cookies, request headers which is where 99% of the time the issue is.

All I am asking you to go is
click HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT LOGS

I have accounts which I don't wanna compromise. I have stoped actions for some accounts log time ago till things don't settle up. Do you think I was acting stupidly?
Not at all. But as long as you noticed the issue within the last 7 days, you can submit logs and the issue will be there. You don't have to compromise anything.
Today I found some time and try to help with some trash acc, but hey I don't have whole day trying and testing your software.
I am not expecting you to spend a whole day testing. Just a few seconds to submit logs. I don't recall, but if I asked you to regenerate ISSUE SPECIFIC LOGS and this is what you don't want to do. Please just say
"I don't want to compromise my account and replicate the issue.

To which I will respond.
"thats fine, I completely understand, just submit logs as they are and I will go through them"
If I post logs I post, if I don't mybe I have a reason? So please don't make me feel bad for not helping enough.
Of course this is your decision. But if you choose not to, my hands are basically tied if I cannot replicate your issue. Until I can either replicate your issue, or someone else does and sends log, the bug will remain.
To be honest I remember the times when I want something to be fixed
I would like to ask you to point out *ANYTIME* in the last 7 years I have refused to *FIX* anything that was broken. There is close to 7years of support on this forum and I do not remove / delete posts irrespective of what they say and complain or talk bad about the products. I think in 7 years I have removed at most from actual users perhaps 3-4 posts. One a user asked me to as they realised the issue was at there end and their rant was one of frustration. Another 2 where 2 users were being abusive to each other. Another was verging on being offensive to people of other cultures.

Now that isn't to say what you considered was requiring a fix, was opinion, rather than a bug. Those I will admit are not always changed, because it is opinion.
or changed and I was rejected in no time

Changes are at my discretion and there are many factors in my decision. But as I hope you do see on the forum, I am prepared to discuss them with users for my reasons and if the user wants to try and convince me, again I am prepared to be convinced if the user does not think I have understood the benefit. Again, this is all available on the forum in public for all to see.
and you actually don't even understand well my problem (Engl is not my native so excuse in advance).
I understand communicating in your non-native language must be difficult and I readily admit I misunderstand people all the time. But if you think I have not understood your feature, it is up to you to let me know if I have misunderstood, as by the nature of misunderstanding, I won't know I have misunderstood
But when some new user writes a 1000 word post of some stupid thing he dreams/thoughts/want about you jump into it fixing and explaining...
Again it is hard to comment without examples. But some features are quick 2 minute jobs, others will take days. Also, I won't lie and will honestly readily admit, if a user in the refund period and is thinking of refunding due to (a) and (a) is a 15 minute job, then it is in my interest to sort it out. If the programs are not profitable, there are no more programs and no more lifeterm licenses for users who purchased years ago and still getting updates.
I do respect you as a coder but hey man you NEED to respect me as a user (especially if I'm an old user with some experience). Or you don't... whatever.. this is just what I'm thinking off now.
Please do not take my responses as a sign of disrespect. I.Just.Need.The.Logs. Also I am not always aware of whether a user is new or old (unless they have been bothering me for years on the forum :lol: But I will tell you I lose count of the time I get "advice" from people telling me how to do things. Usually it starts like "I am not a programmer but I would do this..." and just not providing me what I need to fix a particular issue.

As I tried to explain above. A user can spend 1-2 minutes giving me the information I need. I can spend 10-20 minutes fixing the issue and get you an update ready within the hour.

I do need to manage my time across all products and all users. Issues that are effecting one user just cannot have as much as my time as issues that are effecting all users of a product. I just don't have enough time.

So if a user will not (for whatever potentially valid reason) provide the basic information, then I am left with either wasting hours and hours trying to replicate an issue and after those hours, still be no further in replicating it. Or the user needs to accept a fix is going to take a while and probably wait until someone else reports it with the requested information.

I am trying to be honest with you. I could say "ok I will look into it" and just ignore the issue. But I believe it is better to be honest with users.

Finally - I dont want to argue
;)
I'll stop here but if your response is positive as an everyday user i do have tons of improvement suggestions (user vise... not coders).
As above I am happy to discuss all suggestions, but with no guarantee any of them will be implemented. Things to consider are:
a) is it a personal feature that only you will use
b) is it quick and simply to add
c) is it possible to cause unexpected problems in other areas of code
d) will it give the program a USP and possibly generate more sales
e) are many other users going to want to use it, when they see it

Can you tell me you find solution looking at logs? I'm just curious.
yes, analysing logs against network sniffers of a known working account, the issue was found
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: I can't follow

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Robertos wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:52 pm
And as long as trusting him with accounts that you refuse to send logs while they have details of your accounts.. I can confirm that I send him more than 300 accs with 120 Proxies.. he never betrayed my trust!
When I said compromise i didn't think of Martin... LOL... I think Twitter could change something and read some code and mark my account as TwitterDub user software... you know? some patterns, login attempts, unusual user behavior, strange cookie save something like this.

And when I criticizing Martin, trust me i do think more than twice. I just want things to run smoothly and fine for everyone. I'm just, not the one of those "Hey Martin you're the best" guys. But at the same time, I'm, not the one you can point and said: "the guilty one"... just wanna say that coz you looking at the wrong person.
If ever you do NOT want anything on the public forum, you can always use email for support.

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
I prefer people use the forum, as I hope people search for typical basic questions and find the answer themselves without requiring a custom reply to a question I have answered 10000 times before. But if the issue / content contains anything confidential, then email is absolutely fine.