I can't follow

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: I can't follow

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Robertos wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:07 am . I don't know where to point Martin what is wrong. My logs will make more confusion than help.
You don't have to point me anywhere. I'll analyse and the logs and hopefully with enough information can identify / understand what is happening and get a fix out, or prepare more tests in what I assume is the problem area and via a process of elimination can hone in on the direct issue and get it fixed iteratively.

And as always, information on your issue required:
For future reference, please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634
Regards,
Martin
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

my issue was posting tweets loop using media token and I did post logs for that issue. But now everything is mumble jumble and I can't isolate the problem that's why I don't want upload logs (I actually can but that will not help you I guarantee).

But if I were you ill start from here ( you don't need logs for this) make new acc import in TD try to do anything and you'll be blocked/captcha phone in no time. than important part when you try to open acc in session browser you'll get something like this
https://prnt.sc/om1j8u

this account is actually blocked and needs to solve captcha/PV. But how i know that??? I simply go back to TD delete cookies again try to open acc in a session browser fill username and pass hit enter and I'm immediately redirected to this page

https://prnt.sc/om2a4m

and ok I do pass captcha PV and all unlock account in a session browser. close that and try to log in by hitting Verify log in web button -> fail (with or without using cookies)

that's for a start need to be fixed.
Last edited by Robertos on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Robertos wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:02 pm my issue was posting tweets loop using media token and I did post logs for that issue. But now everything is mumble jumble and I can't isolate the problem that's why I don't want upload logs (I actually can but that will not help you I guarantee).

But if I were you ill start from here ( you don't need logs for this) make new acc import in TD try to do anything and you'll be blocked/captcha phone in no time. than important part when you try to open acc in session browser you'll get something like this

this account is actually blocked and needs to solve captcha/PV. But how i know that??? I simply go back to TD delete cookies again try to open acc in a session browser fill username and pass hit enter and I'm immediately redirected to this page

https://prnt.sc/om1m3j

and ok I do pass captcha PV and all unlock account in a session browser. close that and try to log in by hitting Verify log in web button -> fail

that's for a start need to be fixed.
I understand you.. but as Martin say logs are important for things you can't see and he can see it through debugging.

So as middle ground.. Just use another version of TD and do what you say and duplicate the problem you have.. after that send the logs.

I will test it on my part and get back with everything I can have.. I just didn't get the time to test it all.
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

There are no logs for an issue like above. So maybe that is a good start?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Robertos wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:02 pm my issue was posting tweets loop using media token and I did post logs for that issue. But now everything is mumble jumble and I can't isolate the problem that's why I don't want upload logs (I actually can but that will not help you I guarantee).
You did, and I thought I found the issue, could replicate and it was fixed (and is fixed). However you report it is not. Thus I misidentified the issue but fixed something else. With logs again of the latest update, we have closed a possible avenue of where your actual issue is being caused from, so perhaps the next fix will resolve the base issue.

Sometimes issues are not single but a chain. This fails which causes this and causes this. Until each step is found and fixed the root cause remains hidden.

Respectfully, you are not me and I have infinite more experience debugging, fixing, identifying issues than anyone. No one knows the software more thoroughly than me. Not trying to be cocky, this is just a fact (and probably goes without saying as it would be worrying if this was not the cause)

When I ask for specific information, even if you (customer) doesn't understand why, there are good reasons. I don't mean to be rude here, just trying to be absolutely clear. For example, when you go to a mechanic with a problem with a car, you would not expect the mechanic to listen to some ones opinion who doesn't know about engines. Or if they ask for information refuse to provide it because in your less knowledgeable opinion they don't need it. They do. That is why they asked.

Additionally, if an issue is effecting just a single user and that user alone seems capable of generating the issue, we have a choice. The user can perform the action to generate me the logs in 2 minutes. Or I can spend 1-2 hours GUESSING how to replicate their issue, because I am not performing things in the exact way as the user (or more often than not, the user forgets to tell me a crucial part of what they are doing that is causing it).

If the user is not prepared to provide the information, I am not wasting my time to look. Fact is, I do not have time to spend 1-2 hours hunting for a random issue effecting one user if the user cannot be bothered to provide the requested information when it is trivial for them to replicate.

Fact is, I have spent quite a lot of time now, trying to explain to you why the information I request is required. Which is the very definition of time wasted. If you had just submitted the logs, these 10-15 minutes probably would have allowed me to find the bug and get you an update out.

tldr;
Just provide me with the information I require please. I can stop wasting time. You can get your fix. It is win win. Otherwise, we can wait for someone else at some point to cause the same issue, hopefully they provide the information and the fix gets incorporated to a future build
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Robertos wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:13 pm There are no logs for an issue like above. So maybe that is a good start?
It is very rare there are not logs. The program logs to disk pretty much everything it does and everything it tried to do and couldn't do. Maybe not to the real time view (which is just a snippet view of the logs). The disk logs are a much more comprehensive view of state and actions performed / attempted and more importantly failed or unexpected behaviour
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

Respectfully, you are not me and I have infinite more experience debugging, fixing, identifying issues than anyone. No one knows the software more thoroughly than me. Not trying to be cocky, this is just a fact (and probably goes without saying as it would be worrying if this was not the cause)
Cmon I wanna help but how I can send you logs of something specific when I can't log in at all? I'm not you, it is true... but you are not me!

It is your software and I'm a user for many years (TD, TJ, ID) and I have learned my lesson... not run headless in solving problems. I have accounts which I don't wanna compromise. I have stoped actions for some accounts log time ago till things don't settle up. Do you think I was acting stupidly?

Today I found some time and try to help with some trash acc, but hey I don't have whole day trying and testing your software. If I post logs I post, if I don't mybe I have a reason? So please don't make me feel bad for not helping enough.

To be honest I remember the times when I want something to be fixed or changed and I was rejected in no time and you actually don't even understand well my problem (Engl is not my native so excuse in advance). But when some new user writes a 1000 word post of some stupid thing he dreams/thoughts/want about you jump into it fixing and explaining... and I know after a week or two I won't see that user anywhere here (this was just an example dont be harsh).

I do respect you as a coder but hey man you NEED to respect me as a user (especially if I'm an old user with some experience). Or you don't... whatever.. this is just what I'm thinking off now.

Finally - I dont want to argue, I'll stop here but if your response is positive as an everyday user i do have tons of improvement suggestions (user vise... not coders).

Edit: I do understand, time is a crucial part here. Yours and mine.

Edit No2: Its like 19:30 CET here and fix is looking good. Can you tell me you find solution looking at logs? I'm just curious.
Last edited by Robertos on Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Robertos wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:12 pm
Cmon I wanna help but how I can send you logs of something specific when I can't log in at all? I'm not you, it is true... but you are not me!

It is your software and I'm a user for many years (TD, TJ, ID) and I have learned my lesson... not run headless in solving problems. I have accounts which I don't wanna compromise. I have stoped actions for some accounts log time ago till things don't settle up. Do you think I was acting stupidly?

Today I found some time and try to help with some trash acc, but hey I don't have whole day trying and testing your software. If I post logs I post, if I don't mybe I have a reason? So please don't make me feel bad for not helping enough.

To be honest I remember the times when I want something to be fixed or changed and I was rejected in no time and you actually don't even understand well my problem (Engl is not my native so excuse in advance). But when some new user writes a 1000 word post of some stupid thing he dreams/thoughts/want about you jump into it fixing and explaining... and I know after a week or two I won't see that user anywhere here (this was just an example dont be harsh).

I do respect you as a coder but hey man you NEED to respect me as a user (especially if I'm an old user with some experience). Or you don't... whatever.. this is just what I'm thinking off now.

Finally - I dont want to argue, I'll stop here but if your response is positive as an everyday user i do have tons of improvement suggestions (user vise... not coders).
That's harsh reply.

I can confirm as new user tgat Martin help with any issue found and fixed as long as you provide him what he need.. but as long as new features or ask for something that would help you in any kind.. he sometimes say ok and do it if it possible.. but sometimes he says no! and that's it.

He as I see don't see different between new or old users.. and hey! this a fourm that isn't attached to registed email for programs.. so you can make new user and act that way! and there is no way he can find out.. that just bad thinking of you!

And as long as trusting him with accounts that you refuse to send logs while they have details of your accounts.. I can confirm that I send him more than 300 accs with 120 Proxies.. he never betrayed my trust!

But if you want him to help.. and you refuse to send logs.. you can make one version with only one account (I would give you this account!) and did replicate the problem and send the logs.

Please man.. Martin sell us one time fee products.. and he accepts to add new features and provide support along the years.. so we must help him for him to help us!

Please think before reply again.
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

Fahad wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:31 pm
Robertos wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:12 pm

That's harsh reply.

I can confirm as new user tgat Martin help with any issue found and fixed as long as you provide him what he need.. but as long as new features or ask for something that would help you in any kind.. he sometimes say ok and do it if it possible.. but sometimes he says no! and that's it.

He as I see don't see different between new or old users.. and hey! this a fourm that isn't attached to registed email for programs.. so you can make new user and act that way! and there is no way he can find out.. that just bad thinking of you!

And as long as trusting him with accounts that you refuse to send logs while they have details of your accounts.. I can confirm that I send him more than 300 accs with 120 Proxies.. he never betrayed my trust!

But if you want him to help.. and you refuse to send logs.. you can make one version with only one account (I would give you this account!) and did replicate the problem and send the logs.

Please man.. Martin sell us one time fee products.. and he accepts to add new features and provide support along the years.. so we must help him for him to help us!

Please think before reply again.
Sorry, I dont think you belong to that kind of users. That is not related to you in anyway!!!. I think your posts are more than useful for Martin and me as well. Thank you!

but I would still like to know
Edit No2: It's like 19:30 CET 30 Jul 2019 here and fix is looking good. Can you tell me you find solution looking at logs? I'm just curious.
?
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

When I said compromise i didn't think of Martin... LOL... I think Twitter could change something and read some code and mark my account as TwitterDub user software... you know? some patterns, login attempts, unusual user behavior, strange cookie save something like this.

And when I criticizing Martin, trust me i do think more than twice. I just want things to run smoothly and fine for everyone. I'm just, not the one of those "Hey Martin you're the best" guys. But at the same time, I'm, not the one you can point and said: "the guilty one"... just wanna say that coz you looking at the wrong person.