Direct Message Issue

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
jgwhite33

Direct Message Issue

Post by jgwhite33 »

I just bought the program and I'm trying to figure out how to send a direct message to everyone following me. I was able to get it to work once when testing, but now it doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing that you are supposed to hit the mail icon after entering your message, but I can't click it. See screenshot. Also, what do the Repeat hours, times, mins, and Max Repeats Daily mean? I basically just want to send the same direct message to everyone following a certain account, throttled to only send a certain number a day till everyone gets it. Is there a tutorial or something that covers this?
Last edited by jgwhite33 on Fri May 31, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Direct Message Issue

Post by martin@rootjazz »

jgwhite33 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:43 am I just bought the program and I'm trying to figure out how to send a direct message to everyone following me.
First up, what you are trying to do is spam all your followers (probably not intentionally, but that is what you doing).

Are you trying to send a single message to each and everyone of them? The same message? Maybe with a link? Get them to do / buy / visit a page? Spam (from ISG point of view). If you have 10 followers, no problem, 10k problem
I was able to get it to work once when testing, but now it doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing that you are supposed to hit the mail icon after entering your message, but I can't click it. See screenshot.
Screenshot not working here, I can just see a STOP sign, maybe the file isn't public?

Also, what do the Repeat hours, times, mins, and Max Repeats Daily mean?
https://rootjazz.com/instadub/documentation

Repeat hours mean repeat actions every (x) hours

pause min:max. random pause after each message sent.

repeats daily, how many repeats a day allowed, after which action schedules to tomorrow
I basically just want to send the same direct message to everyone following a certain account
oh so not your followers, you "just" want to spam unknown profiles? Think about it. Does ISG want you to be able to spam huge numbers easily? No. If it was easy, you would receive 100s if not 10000s of spam DMs a day.
throttled to only send a certain number a day
ok, so you there is an understand you cannot just spam out 1000s of mails a day.
till everyone gets it
If will depend on the numbers though.

Consider
ISG does not want you spamming
ISG considers the same message over and over again spam
ISG considers links / urls highly likely of being spam
ISG limits the DMs you can send.

. Is there a tutorial or something that covers this?
Maybe:
tutorial board:
https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

Youtube channels:
Getting started Video Tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ETCK9G4plw

Basic Introductory Tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 2RrrQQNSfA

All Video Tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSEncmy ... gNsof_9DxV

--------------------------------

Basically though, it is the same a follow / like action.
Set your search: followers_of: profile_a
set your action limits: 10
repeat every hours: 24 (so do 10 DMs a day)
check UNIQUE (so you don't send the same message to the same profile)
SET MESSAGES (set your messages, more messages the better with some minor differences, use spintax, use tokens to make each message unique)

and that's it. Assuming ISG hasn't banned you for over sending DMs (spam) it will work
jgwhite33

Post by jgwhite33 »

Thanks for the detailed response. However, your links are to instadub docs and tutorials. This is about twitter.

I also appreciate the warnings against spam. I was under the impression that the software was using the twitter api which has a rate limit of 1000 direct messages every 24 hours.

https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/b ... imits.html

This would be going to my followers only, I wouldn't be spamming random people.

What I need is simply the steps to do it. After I set up this...
SET MESSAGES (set your messages, more messages the better with some minor differences, use spintax, use tokens to make each message unique)
What button do I actually use to start the process? I've looked through your YouTube tutorials and can't seem to find one on the DM tab for twitter.
jgwhite33

Post by jgwhite33 »

Nevermind, I've been watching some of the other Getting Started tutorials and figured it out. My question now is, how many DM a day would be safe and not considered spam according to twitter? Also, If I'm using the "Unique items" checkbox and multiple messages so different messages are sent, does that mean the same user might get 2 different messages? Thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

jgwhite33 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:57 am Thanks for the detailed response. However, your links are to instadub docs and tutorials. This is about twitter.
oops :lol:

The theory is still the same, the bot is basically the same as well, so any description of features will be valid.
Same for creating a a search and DM action - although twitter may be more strict in letting you DM random users IIRC.

The rules as well are the same, Twitter doesn't want you mass sending DMs / spamming / annoying users, so do be careful with your message and stepping into spam territory.

With Twitter you can bulk send a DM to multiple users, that can help you bulk send. There should be a control on the DM tab allowing you to specify how many profiles per DM should be sent to. As to the best value here I don't know. However, I imagine twitter has precautions so you don't just go "AHA, I can send 1 DM to a 100 users, so in 10 DMs I can hit 1000 profiles"

I imagine they check, but how or what is best, you'd need to test

I also appreciate the warnings against spam. I was under the impression that the software was using the twitter api which has a rate limit of 1000 direct messages every 24 hours.
No the program does no use the API but is automating the website. But regardless, you cannot spam with the API either. Twitter knows that many try and is searching for spam behaviour. The API "SAYS" it allows 1000 DMs per 24 hours, it doesn't. They will stop you / block you / ban you way before that.

Depends on your message
Depends on quality of your account / IP lots of factors.

For example, if you are a verified, trusted account, with a huge follower base, then probably they let you send more DMs than a brand new account, bulk created on some crappy IP and starts spamming out a link twitter have never seen before.

This would be going to my followers only, I wouldn't be spamming random people.
That helps, but as above: account / quality / IP / message.
What I need is simply the steps to do it. After I set up this...
What button do I actually use to start the process? I've looked through your YouTube tutorials and can't seem to find one on the DM tab for twitter.

DM tab, icon with an envelope / mail on. Just click them all and you can see the title bar change to the name of the tab :)