Following User's Followers Error

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Following User's Followers Error

Post by kevshTO »

Log ID: 2850

Trying to follow users (Follow action), set up a Custom Search and get the following error for each account:

FAILED GET: (156901) 403
https://api.twitter.com/2/timeline/favo ... &count=100
Not authorized to view the specified user
* ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Errors in row: 1

Settings:
- Input target account name only in Search Term field
- Custom Search: A User ID or URL -> FollowersOf
- User Filter: Days Since Last Active (7)
- Random Pause/Max Actions standard values
Rest are left at default values
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Following User's Followers Error

Post by martin@rootjazz »

the logs show you are trying to get the favourites of a private account, which you cannot do as you are not able to view the favourites of that account
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

That's not what's happening though. The accounts I've been trying to get followers from are not protected, however I do see the 403 if the follower's account is protected, but that shouldn't make it fail on following them?

In any case, I ran again twice with the followers of two different accounts, neither were private. First one, again, didn't follow any followers, protected accounts gave the 403 error, others failing on the "Days since Last active" filter and still others were just not followed (can't decipher the logs to state why). The second time I ran it I removed the filter and it ran without a problem, following every account.

So based on these limited tests I'd say the filter is what is causing the problem?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

oh ok, the filter days since last active, will check the users favourites to see when they last favourited.

You cannot get the last active date from a private account, so that filter is failing, thus the account is not followed.

If you cannot view the account, you cannot get their feed / favourites list etc etc so there is no way to know when they last did something