Re: #trend_hash#

Post by martin@rootjazz »

No, the trends hash works with the twitter endpoint
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Ok.. I agree it's better with twitter..

But what to do about promotion trends?

it's ruin the tweet.. when you tweet like you are from Saudi Arabia (and the account is from United Kingdoms) and there is a promoted trend in UK the program will have a high chance to use it.. IT will show without any doubt you aren't from Saudi Arabia!.

If there is any middle solution it would be nice to try and detect the promoted trend and exclude it. or at least make the the program choose from A to Z of the trends.. so we can chose from 2 to 6 and guarantee there will be no promoted trends in our tweet.

As always.. Thanks in advance :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fahad wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:24 am Ok.. I agree it's better with twitter..

But what to do about promotion trends?

it's ruin the tweet.. when you tweet like you are from Saudi Arabia (and the account is from United Kingdoms) and there is a promoted trend in UK the program will have a high chance to use it.. IT will show without any doubt you aren't from Saudi Arabia!.

If there is any middle solution it would be nice to try and detect the promoted trend and exclude it. or at least make the the program choose from A to Z of the trends.. so we can chose from 2 to 6 and guarantee there will be no promoted trends in our tweet.

As always.. Thanks in advance :)
Not sure if promoted trends are specified different, if so it can be detected, if not, then unfortunately not. When you look at the website, can you tell which is a promoted trend? (ignoring language /words) but in the formatting / position. eg if promoted are always in position 2/10 then we can ignore that.
Markxxx

Post by Markxxx »

#trend_hash# not working properly, some or even all trending hashtags without #
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Markxxx wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:41 am Image

#trend_hash# not working properly, some or even all trending hashtags without #
The trend hash endpoint will return trending hashtags AND trending phrases. Previously the program was forcing the trending phrases to hashtags and joining the words.

This was reported as a bug, that forcing a trending phrase to a hashtag that was not returned was incorrect. Which technically it was. So it was removed.

Thus, fix one persons bug, create a bug for someone else...

Let me take a look again, maybe non-tags can be ignored, but sometimes, they make up the majority of what twitter returns
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Hi,

I add some new accounts and didn't change the trends on this account page.

And in the program I type the WOEID that I want.

3 accounts I test and all didn't get the trends I want! it all bring the trends from their page preferences and didn't honor the WOEID that I typed.

The WOEID I wrote is: "23424938"

Log id: logs_38778

The program version: 3.0.1.464

Waiting the good new,

Thanks in advance.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fahad wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:01 am Hi,

I add some new accounts and didn't change the trends on this account page.

And in the program I type the WOEID that I want.

3 accounts I test and all didn't get the trends I want! it all bring the trends from their page preferences and didn't honor the WOEID that I typed.

The WOEID I wrote is: "23424938"

Log id: logs_38778

The program version: 3.0.1.464

Waiting the good new,

Thanks in advance.
Depends what twitter site your account works with. If forced to the new site, you can NOT set the WOEID any more, you need to set the accounts country, which will then automatically show that countries trends.

Log into the account manually, does it shown the new twitter site. If so that is the issue
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:30 pm Depends what twitter site your account works with. If forced to the new site, you can NOT set the WOEID any more, you need to set the accounts country, which will then automatically show that countries trends.

Log into the account manually, does it shown the new twitter site. If so that is the issue
I checked and it is the old twitter site
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Fahad wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:47 pm Hi,

Isn't there a way to scrap the trend_hashtags from another site.. not from twitter it self.. to bypass every other problem.

So if you use sites like:

https://trends24.in

and select the country I want: https://trends24.in/saudi-arabia/

and scrap from it every hour.. it would be great.. because I'm having a problem that can not be solved:

- My users country isn't the one I want. so some of them in Germany some in Russia..etc and I want to use Saudi Arabia trends.

- In your way (which is great BTY) it will scrap and ((here is the problem)) it will sometimes use ((promotion trend_hashtags)) which will bring the trend_hashtags of the targeted country.

And if possible it would be nice to select from 1 to 5 of the top trends.. not randomly.. so I could select the first hashtags or the top 3..etc

Again.. thank you :)
I still think this would solve all the problem even after Twitter force every account to the new site.

It will save you from the headache.

But it's up to you..I just hope that this would be solve for good.

and again, thanks Martin.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

everything appears correct, seems like twitter are not serving custom WOIED trend hashes anymore. You will need to change the location of the account for twitter to show the accounts location trends only now