Profile engagement not working

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Profile engagement not working

Post by martin@rootjazz »

What OS are you using?

If it is not a supported MS operating system (xp / server2008) then you would need to upgrade. If it is still supported, please let me know the version as the error that you receive should not be possible any more
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

23:18:08: Saved profile engagement to: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Twitterdub\saved_data\profile_engagement__followers_<search>_2019-08-27_2.txt
23:18:08: * UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURRED - see logs for more info.

The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
But your file path is 120 characters and the error says it is over 260 or folder name 248. Neither of which is true.

Are you using a VM? Perhaps it is the VM filesystem hosted at a location which when combined with the in VM path that is greater, but that to my knowledge should not be possible either
Bri

Post by Bri »

I'm using windows 10, been using your bots for years now, what other info do you need?

the process starts, then stops / fails. and i dont know why, so i made a support request

the IG bot (ghost followers) works great btw
----------------------

EDIT,

Hey, I just did this process using 1 post, and it completed / worked, without the fail, i'll try it with more posts, 1 post wont be sufficient, will try with 5 and so on
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:19 pm what other info do you need?
More often than not, the information requested in the thread, I keep posting :twisted:

I'm using windows 10
Normal machine, no VM, machine is at home? Not a server with win10?

The error was clear, it says the program tried to save to a path that was illegal as was too long.

However, it wasn't too long. Was 100+ characters short, which makes no sense.

Hey, I just did this process using 1 post, and it completed / worked, without the fail, i'll try it with more posts, 1 post wont be sufficient, will try with 5 and so on
Can you run tests and submit logs for all:

Clear logs: HELP > LOGS > DELETE
Run a test with 5 posts
Then 10 posts
then 20 posts
then 50
then 100

It shouldn't make a difference with saving the file (as per the last logs) as the num_posts doesn't effect the path.

But if the issue occurs, submit logs.
Bri

Post by Bri »

Normal desktop, no VM......

5 posts worked fine, did 10, and it failed.....

No new page URL could be built - ending search
Include only engagers who are: Followers
Saved profile engagement to: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Twitterdub\saved_data\profile_engagement__followers_xxxxx_2019-08-28.txt
* UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURRED - see logs for more info.
If the problem continues, please submit logs to support.
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

will do another test with fresh logs
---------------------------------

done a fresh process with 10 posts, logs 21487.

do you want me to do all the tests in one logs file?, if so, will do it tomorrow, really appreciate your bots, work, and time, thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Saved profile engagement to: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Twitterdub\saved_data\profile_engagement__followers_xxxxx_2019-08-28.txt

It makes no sense, the program is saving to that file, the OS says that file is over 260 chars (it isn't).

Thinking, there is no way Win10 could be making such an error. So the log most be wrong and that after that line, something happens to your file that DOES make it longer, thus the error.

What though, no idea. I will need to go through the code and get you a debug build.

Could you check your HELP > SAVED DIRECTORY and see what files are there? Any files of crazy lengths?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Nevermind, I think I see something that explains it...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update "may" fix this for you. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
Bri

Post by Bri »

I updated to the new test version, still broken.

Gutted but thanks for trying, I'll look for another service buddy, i dont know if you want the full logs again. let me know

Include only engagers who are: Followers
Saved profile engagement to: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Twitterdub\saved_data\profile_engagement__fers_xxxxx_2019-08-30.txt
* UNKNOWN ERROR OCCURRED - see logs for more info.
If the problem continues, please submit logs to support.

---------------
AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Twitterdub\saved_data

i have a file, its dragged about 231 URLS before it failed and stopped