Q: can I automatically remove every DM with URL domain in it?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Q: can I automatically remove every DM with URL domain in it?

Post by bitcoin »

support@rootjazz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:29 am:)
Cute smile but I had some questions too? :)

Especially filtering on:
KW1 KW2

Would be great to use this tool to the max. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to keep up with a lot of spam and only remove messages with instagram in it :)
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

Cute smile but I had some questions too? :)
Thanks.
Would be great to use this tool to the max. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to keep up with a lot of spam and only remove messages with instagram in it :)
Especially filtering on:
KW1 KW2
I guess the old issue?
Well, have you tried the latest update?

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

This has the partial match feature included. As only you are the person who is actually taking care of DM removal and delete, I will request you to post details what working and what not after this update. If possible, please post images screenshot also. With the new update, you can filter partial match. A new line keyword should do the job. But again, A copy of real twitter inbox and a copy of TD scrape and delete after using kw1, kw2 will be great. :)

Best Regards
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

before I test...
As far as I understood Martin we still couldn't do "KW1 KW2", only "#KW1" or "KW1"?

Thank you
support@rootjazz

bitcoin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 pm before I test...
As far as I understood Martin we still couldn't do "KW1 KW2", only "#KW1" or "KW1"?

Thank you
As i know that "#kw1" and "kw1" will be treated as kw1. So, What is implemented is an addition of partial match which will work if you get a long keyword and the bot will just delete them.

Well, i think you need to test to see as the message is not a thing that we can test. Please test it and let us what it goes. Things are different at your end we are trying to solve your problem. We can't just invent the keyword but we implemented a way, what you are getting and bot not filtering. Please run a test and let us know what is wrong happening.

:)

Regards
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

As i know that "#kw1" and "kw1" will be treated as kw1.
Before I spend time testing (trust me, I have no free time) I'd at least have to know how it is supposed to work.

As far as I understand Martin, what you say in the quote above is incorrect. Your way was the way before the latest update.
support@rootjazz

bitcoin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:18 pm
As i know that "#kw1" and "kw1" will be treated as kw1.
Before I spend time testing (trust me, I have no free time) I'd at least have to know how it is supposed to work.

As far as I understand Martin, what you say in the quote above is incorrect. Your way was the way before the latest update.
First - I am not martin. I am support person who knows these programs well.

Second - I understand that you have very less time. But, you have to understand that, you are the person who is facing the issue. You can face several issues with filtering DM. You post that and we can sort things out then. But, as you said, i have sent this this questions to martin- that he can give you some exact ideas. Perhaps that satisfies you. :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:43 pm before I test...

Thank you
select partial match and your EXACT input will be matched if it is contained in the message

so

#key

would match
#key

AND ALSO
#keyword

If you do WORD MATCH, then it is words only, so to match
#key

you would need to enter
key

to match
#keyword

you enter
keyword

basically non a-z 0-9 chars removed
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Results of a non-strict search on 'instagram' (hoping to remove all instagram links):
DMs are not removed if the contain 'instagram' URLs.

Full Word Match on 'instagram' does not remove all instagram links. I'll re-test with Full Word Match disabled (but as far as I know I tested that first).
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

looks like there is a BUG?

The keyword isn't saved :) That might explain some results too... ;p
support@rootjazz

All the information has been sent to martin and he will have a look on the issue. Please be patient.