https://rootjazz.com/instadub/documentation

And the tutoral board for specific video tutorials
https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

Regards,
Martin

vsuper

Re: post video

Post by vsuper » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Thanks Martin for that lovely video tutorial.
It works for me to the point when the bot is checking the resolution:

Resolution not allowed: 1280x720

Why is that? This resolution should work or not?

Thanks,
Daniel

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Depends where the error comes from. IG only allow specific resolutions file sizes etc. You can find up to date lists of formats allowed online with a quick search.

Can also depend if you are posting story or a normal video. Stories are more restrictive in what can be posted (portrait only IIRC)

vsuper

Post by vsuper » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:53 pm

I uploaded the exact same video via the IG mobile app, so I felt this should work (for a normal post).
About resolution, 1280x720 is 16:9, what they also talk about here:

https://blog.tailwindapp.com/instagram- ... guide-2020

But I guess I have to resize to 1080x608 manually ... (would be freakin' awesome if Instadub would do this, since it's already processing it about the length) 8-)

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:35 pm

First we need to find out if this *IS* the issue.

Then what options you had set (as per previous post)

The problem with auto-resizing everyone expects the program to intelligently know how they wanted it resized: cropped, stretched, borders. Then come all the complaints the program cannot read their mind and particular video and resize how they want.

I think it was removed because of that, provide correct videos as you want and the program uploads them

vsuper

Post by vsuper » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:44 am

First we need to find out if this *IS* the issue.
Then what options you had set (as per previous post)
So I resized to 480p and I got a *Success* msg in the logs:

But even though waiting for a couple of minutes, the regular IG post did not showed up.

Also no special settings set, as I understand posting to story or IG TV can cause problems.
The problem with auto-resizing everyone expects the program to intelligently know how they wanted it resized: cropped, stretched, borders. Then come all the complaints the program cannot read their mind and particular video and resize how they want.

I think it was removed because of that, provide correct videos as you want and the program uploads them
The beloved user ;-) I know these people, and sure, that sucks big time. I think this is why IG solved that pretty easy, when you upload a video, there is only two options:
a) upscale shorter length to 1080px
b) take the longest length and downscale that to 1080 and the shorter length in that same ratio which creates that black frame.

Anyway, I am happy to put the resolution myself in return for automated video postings.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:40 pm

vsuper wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:44 am

The beloved user ;-) I know these people, and sure, that sucks big time. I think this is why IG solved that pretty easy, when you upload a video, there is only two options:
a) upscale shorter length to 1080px
b) take the longest length and downscale that to 1080 and the shorter length in that same ratio which creates that black frame.

you would think that, but I can assure you, that is not what everyone wants to happen :D

[quote
So I resized to 480p and I got a *Success* msg in the logs:
[/quote]
Ok, so it seems that was the cause. Can you send me the large resolution file that didn't work and I can run some tests here

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
if file greater than 8mb, upload somewhere, if less you can email it directly

But even though waiting for a couple of minutes, the regular IG post did not showed up.
Does this happen with other videos? images? We need to find out if this related to the video, or the account, or the account in instadub
Also no special settings set, as I understand posting to story or IG TV can cause problems.
ok so a straight upload, no story, no tv

Regards,
Martin

vsuper

Post by vsuper » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:28 am

Alright, sent the video to your email.
Does this happen with other videos? images? We need to find out if this related to the video, or the account, or the account in instadub
So I can post these failing videos with 1280x720px from my mobile phone.

Then I tried out lately social with the 1280x720px video. While about to post, the tool informed that the video is too long, like 1min something millisecond - so I thought that would be the problem (though I believe the video I sent to you is 1min or less).
Uploaded a shorter version, and could successfully post the video (I'll send you also this video, 6.mov)

Tried again with Instadub, but again I am getting the message: "Resolution not allowed: 1280x720"

Where is this message coming from, is it a IG response?