Any way to AUTO removing local blocks?

Casprin

Any way to AUTO removing local blocks?

Post by Casprin » Wed May 29, 2019 8:29 pm

I have to go on vacation for two weeks soon and given the latest Instagram security updates, the issues with the daily clearing of local blocks is going to be a problem.

Is there any way to auto clear it, or automate clearing it? Or what are the options for while I'm out of town? I don't think I can do screen share or remote screen sadly. Any advice is greatly appreciated! I'm reading up on all the posts since the security update and am just not finding a direct answer, so apologies if this is a double post or obvious answer. <3

-Cas

biagle

Re: Any way to AUTO removing local blocks?

Post by biagle » Wed May 29, 2019 8:52 pm

settings > handle warnings > block account hrs > xx

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed May 29, 2019 9:00 pm

Locks are there for a reason. To stop you hitting ISG servers after warnings / blocks.

Ignoring blocks and just keep hitting the endpoints, is not recommended. You may find out your accounts do not exist when you get back.

Better to lose a couple of weeks and still have your accounts when you get back.

biagle

Post by biagle » Wed May 29, 2019 9:02 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:00 pm
You may find out your accounts do not exist when you get back.
this is what was happening for me with twitter in old days:)))

Casprin

Post by Casprin » Wed May 29, 2019 9:25 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:00 pm
Locks are there for a reason. To stop you hitting ISG servers after warnings / blocks.

Ignoring blocks and just keep hitting the endpoints, is not recommended. You may find out your accounts do not exist when you get back.

Better to lose a couple of weeks and still have your accounts when you get back.
I get all that, I'm not trying to run it into the ground. The problem is it spends around 6-12 hours getting 700-800 accounts scraped that have posted in the most recent thirty days, and THEN starts the follow process, follows one account, and then blocks out and fails for the whole day. I even have my wait timer set to 35 minutes to two of them should be beyond the normal hour lockout, and given its done literally no following for that day, blocking out at the first follow after spending all that time scraping all those accounts drives me insane. Worst of all, it doesn't seem to adequately save the accounts it scraped after it fails on one, even tho in the log at the end, it says how many were left, and that they were saved, but come the next run of the process, it scrapes a whole new batch for another 8-12 hours.

Those are my main set of issues.

Casprin

Post by Casprin » Wed May 29, 2019 9:31 pm

biagle wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:52 pm
Also, my settings there are checked as "pause" and set to 35 minutes cancel after 8.
And I still get blocks. Any tips?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed May 29, 2019 9:43 pm

Casprin wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:31 pm
biagle wrote:
Also, my settings there are checked as "pause" and set to 35 minutes cancel after 8.
That relates to warnings. If you get a "blocked" response from ISG, a local block is placed on the account for the specific timed in the response (or 24 hours if it is not specified, couldn't be extracted).

There is no way to automatically ignore / remove this

Casprin

Post by Casprin » Wed May 29, 2019 10:26 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:43 pm
Casprin wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:31 pm
biagle wrote:
That relates to warnings. If you get a "blocked" response from ISG, a local block is placed on the account for the specific timed in the response (or 24 hours if it is not specified, couldn't be extracted).

There is no way to automatically ignore / remove this
Thanks for the reply, so I should just let it mellow for the day and roll over then? Noted! Appreciate the input!

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu May 30, 2019 3:01 pm

That would be recommended, especially if you are not there to manually review what is going on.

EAPman

Post by EAPman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:16 pm

Ive been having this issue where i get local blocks daily. To the point where Ive followed 0 people in 12 days on three different accounts with resi proxies on them. Any way to help solve this issue?