InstaDUB - permanent license.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

InstaDUB - permanent license.

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue May 16, 2017 11:21 pm

As I am sure you are aware, instagress is gone and so is massplanner. ISG had them shut down and users of those services / software are no longer able to use the products they paid for.

Instagress as a web app had to way to allow customers to continue using the software.
Massplanner as an application had to shut down their licence server meaning the program could not verify itself any more.

We have not had any contact from ISG, but have received many emails asking what will happen. Well we don't know. We will have to remain *legal* in our country. I am unware of the legal situation here on whether a websites TOS are legally binding - my understanding is they are not.

But in the interest of allowing you all to continue to use the software you have paid for, even in the unlikely situation we are ordered to stop selling instadub and shut down the license server we have a solution. Permanent license.

From version 3.117 when you start the app you will be prompted if you want to create a permanent license. The program will be verified to the server then your license will be stored permanently on your local machine. No further contact with our license server will be made. If we shut down the license server, your software WILL STILL WORK.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND. As the software will no longer connect to the license server we cannot deactivate it. We cannot remove it. So it will use one of your allowed installs up. You can NOT reset a permanent license. If you are within the 30 day money back period and you write a permanent license, you will not be able to refund as we cannot revoke your license.

If you would like to create a permanent license, but selected NO the first time, please use the menu HELP > PERMANENT LICENSE

You can download this update here:
https://rootjazz.com/instadub/updatetesting.html

and in case we get forced to remove it:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ycvg45

To confirm, we have had no contact from ISG, this is just a precaution.

tifforr

Re: InstaDUB - permanent license.

Post by tifforr » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:31 am

Silly question but... if we do the permanent license will we still be able to dl available updates?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:41 pm

yes, everything will work the same, just it will modify your license with a special key so contact with the server is no longer required. All updates will be applicable.

The permanent license means, we cannot disable your use of the program on this machine. It is not possible. This machine will be able to use the program forever and there is nothing we can do to stop it, whether ordered to by a court or not.

Some people wanted that reassurance when all the shit was kicking off with instagress / MP et al. If such a situation did arise, we would do all we can for all users before we "read" the email to help those who didn't go for the permanent license. Also, we would announce anything as soon as we have "read" it to all customers, we have always tried to be open about everything where possible, from the public forum to openly admitting bugs / fixes on the changelog. So there will be a time period of us announcing we have received contact whilst we take legal advice locally which will give customers time to write a permanent license.

But all being well, it won't be an issue

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Is it possible to add "revoke the permanent license" to the software? I run the software on a VPS and maybe I will move to another hosting. With that feature I can revoke the old VPS license and install it on the new VPS. Also I will be safe in case that your servers becoming unavailable.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:14 pm

ghostrider wrote:Is it possible to add "revoke the permanent license" to the software? I run the software on a VPS and maybe I will move to another hosting. With that feature I can revoke the old VPS license and install it on the new VPS. Also I will be safe in case that your servers becoming unavailable.
Not possible. That is the idea of the permanent license, we cannot revoke it, even if ordered to by a court.

acacio001

Post by acacio001 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:46 pm

One question , if i activate my permanent license and my computer crash and i buy another one , could i install instadub in this new one ?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:25 pm

You can install on 3 machines. It is a 3 use license.

If you permanently license a machine, that license cannot, ever be revoked. But you would still have 2 license uses left.

If you write me an email I can give a few more details

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com