[BUG] Instance Self-Deleting a Running Function

bmanfacts

Re: [BUG] Instance Self-Deleting a Running Function

Post by bmanfacts » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:25 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:32 pm
Not entirely I understand what you are asking. The program cannot rebuild the action, it's gone - exactly the same as if you had press delete on the row.
So I ran the recently discussed post image function with unique uploads only enabled. I have another instance dedicated to posting, and I want to post on this other instance with those same settings without reposting all the photos already processed from the original instance. If the answer is the same as you noted, I'll have to make due with what I have then.
martin@rootjazz wrote:
so you DID do it in your sleep!
Strange times are confirmed when I begin doing that :lol: appreciate the help

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:47 pm

bmanfacts wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:25 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
so you DID do it in your sleep!
Strange times are confirmed when I begin doing that :lol: appreciate the help
maybe someone while you are sleeping is deleting your running actions :lol: :lol:

bmanfacts

Post by bmanfacts » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:39 pm

Ok so the strangest thing happened... I'm starting to believe there's something in the air.

As a brief recap:
bmanfacts wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:36 pm
Hello! So it happened again with a Post Image function on that same problem instance.
I sent logs.
ID: 97747

In this particular case, the function was running over 2000 photos so is there anyway to transfer the processed data over to a new instance so I an relaunch it there?

I returned to this thread because the deletion happened on a Post Image function.
bmanfacts wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:29 pm
Such is the mystery here. I will note that the last time I confirmed seeing that instance was the night before. That morning where the deletion happened, I force rebooted my computer & the program wasnt opening (windows kept suspending it). I only confirmed that it happened when I updated the program (which fixed the Windows issue) & looked at the instance to see the function gone.
To which the details of what happened are shared in the above quote.

I decided to relaunch the Post Image function in a new instance after I sent the following:
bmanfacts wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:25 pm
So I ran the recently discussed post image function with unique uploads only enabled. I have another instance dedicated to posting, and I want to post on this other instance with those same settings without reposting all the photos already processed from the original instance. If the answer is the same as you noted, I'll have to make due with what I have then.
I also updated the software from the reply directly above.

This morning (a few minutes ago) I check the instance & the exact same Post Image function is back & RUNNING... AS IF IT NEVER DELETED.
In the two day period briefly described, I did not create a Post Image function (or any posting functions on the discussed instance).
And this is my first time looking at that instance since yesterday, to which I noticed NO POST IMAGE FUNCTION running on this instance.

I'm baffled.

I'm sending logs to see if that shows & maybe get some further clarity. I'm more intrigued than anything else at this point :lol:

Log ID:33152

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:16 am

Had you updated to the latest version I posted above? Your logs do not include the additional logs I would have expected

bmanfacts

Post by bmanfacts » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:21 pm

Yes, I did update to the version linked above before this recent event happened

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:04 pm

then either the code update wasn't pulled into the build, or something more strange is going on.

I'll need to make another update to confirm which

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:12 pm

https://rootjazz.com/instadub/updatetesting.html

Ok, hopefully this version will give more info.
Install the update
Run the program and clear the existing logs: HELP >LOGS > DELETE

Then run things as normal, if / when the action row disappears, submit logs
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin

bmanfacts

Post by bmanfacts » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:56 pm

I just updated the software. Just wanted to let you know this self deleting happened again on a post image process I Ran earlier today (1:34pm EST) for an account. It was the last function I launched before minimizing the screen & left the software for about 5 hours before seeing the function gone upon returning.

This was before updating to the version linked above, but wanted to give you an update.
Sending logs below.

Will do again if/when this happens again.

LogID: 36361

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:17 pm

bmanfacts wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:56 pm
I just updated the software. Just wanted to let you know this self deleting happened again on a post image process I Ran earlier today (1:34pm EST) for an account. It was the last function I launched before minimizing the screen & left the software for about 5 hours before seeing the function gone upon returning.

This was before updating to the version linked above, but wanted to give you an update.
Sending logs below.

Will do again if/when this happens again.

LogID: 36361
The logs indicate you pressed the delete key. There is no way at all this could occur, if you didn't press the delete key (from what I can tell).

The operating raises the event "key_pressed" the program confirms it was the delete key and logs it as such.

Maybe you have a cat who walks on your keyboard in the night? Or something?