RvN comments not working right

General discussions regarding Reverbnation Bot
arcan210

RvN comments not working right

Post by arcan210 »

Hey there again. Sorry to keep bugging you this morning. Having trouble with commenting in RvN. It says it is successful in the bot, but 95% of the comments never show up on the page. Any ideas why?

Cheers Martin

~J
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: RvN comments not working right

Post by martin@rootjazz »

From memory (I will test and confirm) some pages do not allow comments if not verified, could it be that?
Some pages don't allow commenting if the user doesn't friend you back, could it be that?

Or do some comments show and some not. In which case, this points to the bot not posting correctly yet falsely reporting true
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

admin wrote:From memory (I will test and confirm) some pages do not allow comments if not verified, could it be that?
Some pages don't allow commenting if the user doesn't friend you back, could it be that?

Or do some comments show and some not. In which case, this points to the bot not posting correctly yet falsely reporting true

I only operate with verified accounts because I've found that these kind of sites will periodically disable/remove accounts that are not email verified.

I am wondering if RvN is changing or has changed something, as performance seems to be worsening with each day. If I tell it to do 25 comments, only a few will show up on the account. That tells me that its PROBABLY not an issue where they need to friend back. Let me know if you need any testing/verification.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

By verified I meant "the user has to verify your comment for it to show"

But if some show then it isn't that.

Will take a look
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

I am a dolt. I never thought to test on a track of my own on RVN.. just been doing it on other peoples. Didnt realize that you could restrict and have to approve comments on the artist side. Just ran some tests on an account of my own and they all showed up. I guess the varied success rate could have just been the customer or random artist not approving.

I'll play around some more to test but I probably just wasted your time. My bad.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Let me know how it went.

I made a little test, only 3 accounts, but all worked for me. IF need be, I can do a bigger test. Keep me informed

thanks
arcan210

Post by arcan210 »

Seems stable, just me not knowing how rvn works. :oops: