Logs Issue

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
shaner4042

Logs Issue

Post by shaner4042 »

Hi,

I am having an issue that arose just recently. When using the Email Scrape function within SCM, for whatever reason the log file named "log.20200813.emailscrapelist_85144eb6-ca05-425d-8488-e975331277ac" is amassing data at a ridiculous rate. The .txt file ends up being 30 gigabytes everyday for me, which leads to me having to delete this file daily to free up disk space. I've never had this before, despite scraping rougly the same daily amount of emails that I have been for the past couple of years.

Any thoughts on why this is happening suddenly? Is there a way to disable log collection for a specific instance of SCM possibly?

I will include logs here, although I was forced to recently delete them, so I don't know how much help it will be of.

LOGS: 74060
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Logs Issue

Post by martin@rootjazz »

that doesn't sound right, 30gbs!

Can you explain the action you are running to cause this. Please provide as much detail as I would need to replicate exactly what you are doing, including any screenshots where relevant

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

shaner4042 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:02 am Is there a way to disable log collection for a specific instance of SCM possibly?
Add the file:
nologs.txt

to your config directory
%appdata%\rootjazz\soundcloud manager\config

To open this path, press your windows key on keyboard and paste the above line in

Regards,
Martin
shaner4042

Post by shaner4042 »

To get this issue, I simply ran a .txt file of SoundCloud URL's through the email scraper. I have sent the .txt file I used to your support email address if you wish to test it yourself.

Apologies for my ignorance -- but in regards to adding the nologs.txt file -- I have located the config file and added a .txt file named 'nologs'. Is this all I am meant to do? Because doing so had no effect and logs were still being collected.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

shaner4042 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:31 pm
Apologies for my ignorance -- but in regards to adding the nologs.txt file -- I have located the config file and added a .txt file named 'nologs'. Is this all I am meant to do? Because doing so had no effect and logs were still being collected.
and restart app I think.