Proxy Use Question (Accounts keep getting deleted)

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
G095

Proxy Use Question (Accounts keep getting deleted)

Post by G095 »

Hi Martin,

First off I want to thank you for your assistance with the last issue I had. My accounts and the playlists I create with them keep getting deleted. I suspect that it’s the dodgy email vendor I’m using and the cheap residential proxies I am using. I have a few questions regarding proxies:
1. With sticky proxies, what happens after they expire (10-30mins apparently)? Do I need to import new proxies for each soundcloud account after 30 minutes?

2 would a rotating proxy be better for soundcloud automation? And would I only need to assign a proxy to an account once and the ips will automatically change?

3. Am I supposed to be reassigning proxies/ips to each account often?

I apologise if these questions are confusing or basic, I would just like to understand how to use proxies properly and I am struggling to keep accounts

Many Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Proxy Use Question (Accounts keep getting deleted)

Post by martin@rootjazz »

G095 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:01 am Hi Martin,

First off I want to thank you for your assistance with the last issue I had. My accounts and the playlists I create with them keep getting deleted. I suspect that it’s the dodgy email vendor I’m using and the cheap residential proxies I am using.
Did you not get the emails that went out? There is issues with the program due to recent soundcloud update, read the sticky thread on top of this forum for more details

I have a few questions regarding proxies:
1. With sticky proxies, what happens after they expire (10-30mins apparently)? Do I need to import new proxies for each soundcloud account after 30 minutes?
What do you mean expire? Sticky (private proxies where you keep the IP) Proxies shouldn't expire. Oh, do you mean the public free proxies? If you are using those (not recommended for anything but plays) then yes you will need to constantly keep updating them
2 would a rotating proxy be better for soundcloud automation? And would I only need to assign a proxy to an account once and the ips will automatically change?
A rotating / reverse / backconnect / residential proxy is where you connect on a single IP and the provider routes you out a different IP on their network. Is it better. Yes / no. If you get a clean quality residential IP it can be better, but if you are jumping out of the network every 5 minutes in the UK then the US to france, then not really. If you can keep it to one city that is best, or at least a country
3. Am I supposed to be reassigning proxies/ips to each account often?
No, not for private proxies, you are paying so you don't have to.

IF you are using free public scraped proxies yes, you have to do more work, because you are not paying a premium for quality proxies so have to make due to with low quality proxies that drop / fail all the time
G095

Post by G095 »

I did get the email that went out, however my issues started 3 days before your email was sent. It could be that soundcloud had been banning accounts as early as then, but given that the forum was quiet, I assume that it was the proxies or email accounts I was using that were getting my account banned.

I am using residential proxies. I read somewhere that IPs last for about 10minutes during 'sticky session'. After your reply I now realize that the proxy itself lasts forever, but the specific ip attached to it will last anywhere between 10-30 minutes, where it will change afterwards. Thanks for clearing up everything for me.

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

G095 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:58 pm I did get the email that went out, however my issues started 3 days before your email was sent. It could be that soundcloud had been banning accounts as early as then,
Most definitely. The email is when I first became aware and saw evidence of it. It was not when the situation started.
but given that the forum was quiet, I assume that it was the proxies or email accounts I was using that were getting my account banned.
This has been the case every time in the last 8 years, but this time, I don't think it is. As per the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9352

things are up in the right now, for some is ok, for others not, one person performing an action = ban, another says is ok. So more is going on than is currently known. They is all we know, which isn't a lot tbh
I am using residential proxies. I read somewhere that IPs last for about 10minutes during 'sticky session'. After your reply I now realize that the proxy itself lasts forever, but the specific ip attached to it will last anywhere between 10-30 minutes, where it will change afterwards. Thanks for clearing up everything for me.
Ok, now I understand the confusion. Just incase others are reading this.

Sticky proxies mean, that after you connect to your personal proxy endpoint: 123:456:789:123 you are routed out via 88.45.24.2 (for example). This is assigned to your IP and every connection you make will route through that endpoint. After your sticky sessions expires, next time you connect to your PERSONAL PROXY ENDPOINT (123:456:789:123 ) you will be routed out through a different endpoint in the network, perhaps 86.123.48.54, which is then assigned to you for the sticky time session.

As long as you pay your proxy subscription, your personal proxy endpoint is valid and you do not need to do anything to update the proxy assigned to your account