*** 2nd July 2020 - Soundcloud Manager warning * URGENT***

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

*** 2nd July 2020 - Soundcloud Manager warning * URGENT***

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Please use this thread for any discussions of the Soundcloud Manager warning.

Updates will be made here as I have them

Just including the email sent out incase some missed it
Hi,

It has just become apparent that Soundcloud have added some extra protections to the site when making some requests. If this data is missing, the requests are not failing, but it seems Soundcloud are using these as flags on accounts and reports have come in this is leading to accounts being banned. Not to be too alarmist, this isn't effecting all accounts, but evidence is point towards it being the cause for some bans.

Until further notice, it is advised you STOP using Soundcloud Manager for any actions that require you to login, plays are still ok, but everything else should be ceased until further investigations and app updates.

More information will be posted to the forum: https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

If people can use the forum for questions and looking for status updates, it will save me time having to reply personally to each individual email and the issue at hand can be focused on and fixed.

Regards,
Martin

Regards,
Martin
sashnix

Re: *** 2nd July 2020 - Soundcloud Manager warning * URGENT***

Post by sashnix »

I've been using Soundcloud Manager on 2 Accounts. On One Account approx. 1000 Followers I got the Warning and stopped the Soundcloud Manager. On my second Account approx. 3500 Followers I got no warning at all. Both had similar Following configuration. Very smooth and slowly, but daily. it worked without an issue about 8 Months. I stopped it as well on my second Account.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sashnix wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:43 pm I've been using Soundcloud Manager on 2 Accounts. On One Account approx. 1000 Followers I got the Warning and stopped the Soundcloud Manager. On my second Account approx. 3500 Followers I got no warning at all. Both had similar Following configuration. Very smooth and slowly, but daily. it worked without an issue about 8 Months. I stopped it as well on my second Account.
As I said in the email, it doesn't seem to be universal, but things indicate this is effecting some, so in the interest of being safe rather than sorry, the mail was sent.

Hopefully once all updated it will be back to normal. But it may take a a couple of days to go through everything and test to find out more.
mal73

Post by mal73 »

Soundcloud have added a new property to the request for making a FOLLOW:

signature 1:81a981
Does this mean the other actions are safe?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

mal73 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:07 pm
Soundcloud have added a new property to the request for making a FOLLOW:

signature 1:81a981
Does this mean the other actions are safe?
I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. As soon as I noticed this the warning went out. Until I have fully investigated and tested, it is advised to cease all usage of the program.

This is very early on, as soon as it was noticed the warning went out. I don't know any more at this time
omeany2

Post by omeany2 »

No, its not safe. I lost 61 legit accounts last night from moderate volume of reposts (<1 per hour per account). I would be very careful right now with any login activity until Martin can get it sorted out.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

omeany2 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:14 pm I lost 61 legit accounts
please define *legit*

I would use that term to mean, actual artist accounts, that people used manually before using the software and if they stopped using the software would continue to use.

The fact you had 61 one them, makes me think we have different meanings of the term "legit". Do you mean bulk accounts, but used sensibly (not spam). But still bulk created, bulk controlled, never belonged to a real person before you used SCM?
omeany2

Post by omeany2 »

I start my accounts myself, build them up with fangate followers over time. Most are years old. Yes, they bring in their own followers, and have real audiences. About as legit as you can get without buying accounts from existing artists. It was a total of about 350k followers.
omeany2

Post by omeany2 »

That said, they have started really cracking down since they started to push "Reposts by SoundCloud." There are any number of variables and combinations that could affect our accounts. I'm gonna Hodl the accounts I have left for a little while till the dust settles.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

omeany2 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:14 pm I start my accounts myself, build them up with fangate followers over time. Most are years old. Yes, they bring in their own followers, and have real audiences. About as legit as you can get without buying accounts from existing artists. It was a total of about 350k followers.
ok, so about as legit as promotional accounts can be, without being actual existing artist accounts.