Plays registering >20%

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
shaner4042

Plays registering >20%

Post by shaner4042 »

Hello,

I've noticed as of today my plays are registering only a small percentage of successful plays, despite showing to be 100% successful in SCM.

For example, I am using play increaser with 420 private proxies to increase a track 2000 plays. The action will run successfully, and SCM will show:

"* SUCCESS: Played: 104.129.36.234:3128(2031)
That's enough plays"

Yet the track on SoundCloud shows plays have only increased to 387, despite logs showing 2031 successful registered plays. Any thoughts of this?

I realize I am only using 420 private proxies in an attempt to increase plays to 2000, but this has never gave me an issue until today. Maybe SC has changed how many plays can be registered on the same IP? Or maybe put a ban on these specific IP's, as I have been using them for a year+ to increase thousands of tracks plays?

I can swap out all my private proxies for completely new ones if needed to remedy the issue, but I would only like to do this as last resort as this will cause many other issues for me. Just wanted to see if maybe you could offer an alternative solution.

LOGS: 79128
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Plays registering >20%

Post by martin@rootjazz »

shaner4042 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:45 pm Hello,

I've noticed as of today my plays are registering only a small percentage of successful plays, despite showing to be 100% successful in SCM.
From a requests point of view, it was successful, SC do not return a response indicating whether they will accept it. If you are using public proxies that are blocked by SC, or are being used by others at the same time, this can happen. Use better proxies and this issue goes away.
For example, I am using play increaser with 420 private proxies to increase a track 2000 plays. The action will run successfully, and SCM will show:

"* SUCCESS: Played: 104.129.36.234:3128(2031)
That's enough plays"
So you are boosting a track 4 times with the same proxy. It could just be you are doing it too quickly.
I realize I am only using 420 private proxies in an attempt to increase plays to 2000, but this has never gave me an issue until today.
Things change, SC are always analysing and trying to stop what you are doing. Just because 7 years ago you could boost a track with your home IP 1000 times in 2 minutes unfortunately doesn't mean we still can today.
Maybe SC has changed how many plays can be registered on the same IP? Or maybe put a ban on these specific IP's, as I have been using them for a year+ to increase thousands of tracks plays?
Could be, wouldn't take much for SC to realise a single IP has "listened" to a million tracks, whereas the average is a 1000, so add it to the block / semi blocked list
I can swap out all my private proxies for completely new ones if needed to remedy the issue, but I would only like to do this as last resort as this will cause many other issues for me. Just wanted to see if maybe you could offer an alternative solution.
end of the day, we can never KNOW for sure, SC doesn't tell us, we can just make assumptions, test those assumptions and review the results