Account Plays

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
hubbahubba

Account Plays

Post by hubbahubba »

Is there anyway for accounts to run a search and then using filter option have it only play a specific track. For example:
1) Using Account Plays tab, I search with terms "Michael Jackson Thriller"
2) Because many tracks will appear I wil insert the url of the track I want into a filter option.
3) Lets say it is https://soundcloud.com/mjimmortal/thriller .
4) So even if many results are returned, the accounts will only play this specific song.
hubbahubba

Re: Account Plays

Post by hubbahubba »

Im thinking this can help artists and their songs appear in the search bar at the top of the page. When a fan begins to type the artist's name, they will see some of their other content and discover it easier
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

if you only want to play specific tracks, enter the tracks into a text file, one per line and enter the filepath into the search input box
hubbahubba

Post by hubbahubba »

Thank you Martin!
hubbahubba

Post by hubbahubba »

Will a search still be ran before the track is played? or will it immediately play the track from the file? I want the Soundcloud to believe that users are searching for artists and tracks using the searchbar, not going directly to the track through a link if thats what is happening.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

hubbahubba wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:47 pm Will a search still be ran before the track is played? or will it immediately play the track from the file? I want the Soundcloud to believe that users are searching for artists and tracks using the searchbar, not going directly to the track through a link if thats what is happening.
tracks are played on the track page
hubbahubba

Post by hubbahubba »

So then no, a search isnt ran? It's played straight from the track page?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

hubbahubba wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:55 pm So then no, a search isnt ran? It's played straight from the track page?
if you are passing in a list of tracks, no search is performed as there is no search to perform as you haven't specified a search
hubbahubba

Post by hubbahubba »

Yes I understand that. This is why I am asking if there is a way for you to specify a search, but make sure only a few tracks are played instead of all using a filter.
New example.
When I search "The Beatles Abbey Road" over 500 tracks will appear. I dont want my accounts to play all 500 tracks only the 5 specifed in my list. I still want the initial search action to be ran, but the accounts shouldnt act on every single result.
And as I said before, the reason I want the search to happen prior, is because I believe many searches using soundcloud's search bar will help artists' names and songs start to appear there if they already aren't.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

hubbahubba wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:07 pm Yes I understand that. This is why I am asking if there is a way for you to specify a search, but make sure only a few tracks are played instead of all using a filter.
New example.
When I search "The Beatles Abbey Road" over 500 tracks will appear. I dont want my accounts to play all 500 tracks only the 5 specifed in my list. I still want the initial search action to be ran, but the accounts shouldnt act on every single result.
No, that is not possible, as the program will have no idea where your list came from, or if the tracks are from the same search. And I cannot see the point of it.
And as I said before, the reason I want the search to happen prior, is because I believe many searches using soundcloud's search bar will help artists' names and songs start to appear there if they already aren't.
Any proof of this?