How do i scrape users from the sc search bar

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How do i scrape users from the sc search bar

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Just A User wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:31 pm
Tried again with:

custom search, set on profile, build custom search - user search
(with both links)

and

search an scrape users
(with both links)

ID: logs_12166
wait a minute, are you entering the URLs as inputs to the search? IF so, that is the problem.

Just enter: david guetta
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

yes you are, I see it now. Should have noticed it before, but I just assumed those lines were the search URLs the program built. So that is your issue.

Just enter the search term as you do on the soundcloud site, when searching on soundcloud you enter:
david guetta

You don't enter
https://soundcloud.com/search/people?q=david%20guetta
Just A User

Post by Just A User »

You are still the best Martin :lol:

No, those lines were the search URLs direct from sc.
I've copied and pasted them and used those as a starting point for my search in the software.
I assumed scm needs a url to search successfully. (like some other searches too)

Anyway working fine now.

Also, thank you for the hint with the update Martin.
I thought TESTING is some kind of beta version "not tested"
and to make sure everything works well I always decided to choose "stable"

Thank you very much.

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Just A User wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:16 pm You are still the best Martin :lol:

No, those lines were the search URLs direct from sc.
I've copied and pasted them and used those as a starting point for my search in the software.
I assumed scm needs a url to search successfully. (like some other searches too)

Anyway working fine now.

Also, thank you for the hint with the update Martin.
I thought TESTING is some kind of beta version "not tested"
and to make sure everything works well I always decided to choose "stable"

Thank you very much.

Regards
I see your confusion. If enter a profile / track as input, you would enter the URL. But for SEARCHES, just enter what you would enter into the website.

LATEST / TESTING
The latest release, it gets all updates / new features / fixes / improvements first. However, as with any new release, there is the possibility it adds new bugs (any time code is touched this can happen and our internal testing may miss it) - unlikely, but the possibility exists.

So to avoid the situation where this new update causes problems for all users, we keep stable a few releases behind so those who want the latest version, those who are waiting for fixes can get the latest version, then after a week or so when no new issues been reported and the update confirmed as working from customers, stable gets updated.

This does NOT mean stable is more stable, by definition, stable contains bugs we KNOW the latest version has fixed. It is just that we know what bugs are in stable and they are not serious. So latest /testing version should have less bugs and be more stable, we just don't know for sure, there are not unknown issues.