Issue With Failing Actions

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Issue With Failing Actions

Post by martin@rootjazz »

wowthatscool wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:59 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm
wowthatscool wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:09 pm I downloaded the new update and imnot getting that error but the processes are going extra slow. I left them up over night and they havent liked any thing. Here is my number 71719
Because of your search and filter settings. Every time you set a filter, multiple ADDITIONAL requests have to be made and check PER RESULT.

So a single request can grab 100 results
1 request = 100 results.
You then set a filter, we now need AT LATEST 100 requests (possibly more depends on filter), so now we need 101 requests for 100 results.

This takes time. So you must think about your filters and know why you are setting them, not just "I will set these because... because".

You set a filter: comments must be within: 0 and 100,000

How many tracks have more than 100k comments? it is basically a pointless filter. So you have increased your required requests by 100, for no reason.

Briefly looking at your filter settings, there is no need for them. Remove the filter, run the action, searching completes in a few minutes

Filters are powerful when used wisely, otherwise you are just increasing time / #requests needlessly

Regards,
Martin
ok thank you. I just set it at 100,000 because it was at 0 and i thought thats why it wasnt liking any tracks. I will try putting it back to 0 and see what happens
https://rootjazz.com/instadub/documentation

0 will represent "no applicable".

so
0 - 0 followers
would mean that filter is NOT applied

setting
0 - 100k would mean must have less than 100k.

If you set ANY filter, then an additional request per result is required. For small searches, it will work fine, but the more results you want, the longer it will take, so is a tradeoff you need to decide whether filtering those results *IS* worth the time to do it, if not, don't :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

wowthatscool wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:26 pm
wowthatscool wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:59 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Because of your search and filter settings. Every time you set a filter, multiple ADDITIONAL requests have to be made and check PER RESULT.

So a single request can grab 100 results
1 request = 100 results.
You then set a filter, we now need AT LATEST 100 requests (possibly more depends on filter), so now we need 101 requests for 100 results.

This takes time. So you must think about your filters and know why you are setting them, not just "I will set these because... because".

You set a filter: comments must be within: 0 and 100,000

How many tracks have more than 100k comments? it is basically a pointless filter. So you have increased your required requests by 100, for no reason.

Briefly looking at your filter settings, there is no need for them. Remove the filter, run the action, searching completes in a few minutes

Filters are powerful when used wisely, otherwise you are just increasing time / #requests needlessly

Regards,
Martin
ok thank you. I just set it at 100,000 because it was at 0 and i thought thats why it wasnt liking any tracks. I will try putting it back to 0 and see what happens
i fixed it and it didnt change anything. Its still stuck at the same spot. The new code is 44986

What do you mean "fixed" it. If you removed the filter completely, then it is impossible it gets stuck in the same spot (filtering).

You can remove the filter, but opening the filter form and clicking cancel to unset it
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Checking your logs, I see like actions liking tracks and not taking forever to search + filter.

Your search is a compound search, it is not a one request search (followers_of for example)

You are scraping track interactions > latest track

so
1) scrape tracks of profile
2) scrape commenters + reposters + likers
3) scrape latest track of interactor

so to get your results 5 requests are required. Obviously that takes longer than just scraping a single search (followers_of / uploaded track with genre) etc

But if you think I am not seeing your issue:

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
RUN YOUR LIKE ACTION

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
wowthatscool

Post by wowthatscool »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:16 pm Checking your logs, I see like actions liking tracks and not taking forever to search + filter.

Your search is a compound search, it is not a one request search (followers_of for example)

You are scraping track interactions > latest track

so
1) scrape tracks of profile
2) scrape commenters + reposters + likers
3) scrape latest track of interactor

so to get your results 5 requests are required. Obviously that takes longer than just scraping a single search (followers_of / uploaded track with genre) etc

But if you think I am not seeing your issue:

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:
RUN YOUR LIKE ACTION

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
ok i found a track with 1 like to see if i could do it. It is stuck at "Start search: Latest track of with: https://soundcloud.com/finnessedyabitch(10) using: gwopy mcgwopster" All the filters are set at 0 except the one that doesnt like tracks from the same profile. I dont know what the problem is. I used to be able to run this action perfectly. It used to maybe take a hour to load 1000 likes but now it gets stuck at that same line on every action. Here is my number. 68893. I will not be running any other action unill you respond so you can look at it
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Can you describe EXACTLY what you are doing, as I count 29 actions being run, not one as requested.

The reason for asking you to run a SINGLE action is to be able to see if the issue occurs at a base of a single action. If the issues does exist there, we can remove lots of additional logs to try and find the issue.

If with one account it does not occur, then we can try with 2 actions, again the less the program is doing when the issue occurs, a lot easier it is to try and understand.

With 29 actions running, the more complex it is

Regards,
Martin
wowthatscool

Post by wowthatscool »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:45 pm Can you describe EXACTLY what you are doing, as I count 29 actions being run, not one as requested.

The reason for asking you to run a SINGLE action is to be able to see if the issue occurs at a base of a single action. If the issues does exist there, we can remove lots of additional logs to try and find the issue.

If with one account it does not occur, then we can try with 2 actions, again the less the program is doing when the issue occurs, a lot easier it is to try and understand.

Regards,
Martin
before i responded, i cleared my logs and i have only ran one action idk why it shows 29. I tried it again and im only running one action and im having the same problem here is the new number. 38994
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

wowthatscool wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:56 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:45 pm Can you describe EXACTLY what you are doing, as I count 29 actions being run, not one as requested.

Regards,
Martin
before i responded, i cleared my logs and i have only ran one action idk why it shows 29. I tried it again and im only running one action and im having the same problem here is the new number. 38994
ok, that is strange. And perhaps may have something to do with the issue. Let me check latest logs and see what I can find

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

This time there are 5 actions.

Can you explain what you are doing.

Do you delete all existing actions? Or just pause them? When do you pause them? When open the app and the processor is OFF?

I think understanding why this is happening is going to be the cause of your issue.

IF you don't mind deleting existing actions you can perform this.

With the app OFF
goto:
%appdata%\rootjazz\Instadub\database\DbAction\
Delete all folders

Start the app
MAKE SURE AUTO RUN IS OFF (in fact do NOT turn it on until this issue is resolved).
If auto run was on, turn it off and restart the app
Add a simple SINGLE like action for a SINGLE account
DO NOT TURN ON THE PROCESSOR
goto: %appdata%\rootjazz\Instadub\database\DbAction\searchlike
Confirm there is ONE file in that folder

Now turn on the processor
Run the action until the issue occurs and submit logs again.

Performing the above, it should not be possible for more than one action to appear

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)
wowthatscool

Post by wowthatscool »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:46 pm This time there are 5 actions.

Do you delete all existing actions? Or just pause them? When do you pause them? When open the app and the processor is OFF?

I think understanding why this is happening is going to be the cause of your issue.

With the app OFF
goto:
Delete all folders

Start the app
MAKE SURE AUTO RUN IS OFF (in fact do NOT turn it on until this issue is resolved).

Performing the above, it should not be possible for more than one action to appear

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)
Ok My new number is 84657. I followed all steps exactly. The only thing is that i couldnt find the search like folder but i found a searchfav folder and that only had one item when i started the proccesser
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

wowthatscool wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:27 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:46 pm This time there are 5 actions.

With the app OFF
goto:
Delete all folders

Start the app

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

Ok My new number is 84657. I followed all steps exactly. The only thing is that i couldnt find the search like folder but i found a searchfav folder and that only had one item when i started the proccesser

My apologies, I gave you links for instadub and not soundcloud manager, but Ithink you figured that out. Checking logs now