Soundcloud Manager - Comment improvement

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
peter22

Soundcloud Manager - Comment improvement

Post by peter22 »

Sorry but i cant find the "What do you want from Soundcloud Manager" Topic? I rememeber that there was like a section where members could post ideas. My Idea is :

Check if comment (from list) already exists.
-> When exists, skip comment use another one.
-> When dont exist, write the comment.

-----------------
WHY?

Cause i got a large comment list, with about 1200 comments. And always when i repeat the action or a set a new action the Soundcloud Manager is writing duplicate Comments from the 1200 list.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Soundcloud Manager - Comment improvement

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you mean scrape all comments already posted on that track and check doesn't exist?

That might become quite expensive in scrape time. I think it would be better for the program to:

track who comments where (it does already)
but in addition, track which track has what comment, then I think you will be able to do what you want without any additional scraping.

Can you confirm that is what you mean?
peter22

Post by peter22 »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:27 pm you mean scrape all comments already posted on that track and check doesn't exist?

That might become quite expensive in scrape time. I think it would be better for the program to:

track who comments where (it does already)
but in addition, track which track has what comment, then I think you will be able to do what you want without any additional scraping.

Can you confirm that is what you mean?
The problem is when i do drip seed comments. Like a list of 1200 comments, and repeat that every 24hours for 3x times.
Then the Manager will automaticly grab the comments from the list, and possible write a comment that is alerady have been made. I got that problem several times.
peter22

Post by peter22 »

any updates?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sorry it seems I missed your reply before.

So you need a check to ensure the comment has been posted to the track. Regardless of account. I'll make a note to look at it
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
peter22

Post by peter22 »

Thanks! Is there a option or a button that i have to set? Or the Manager is doing it itself?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

it is automatic. As I doubt there is a usecase where anyone wants the same comment posted to the same track ever
randomguy

Post by randomguy »

Dear martin,
please make unique comment feature as option.Its creating problem to us after new feature.
we have to add 2000+ comments on our customers tracks.
So its difficult to find unique comment list related to track.Please make it back as earlier.