SC PLAYS NOT WORKING April 2019

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
Quality1

Re: SC PLAYS NOT WORKING April 2019

Post by Quality1 »

I've got a Soundcloud account that only gets 100% real plays / people, and the plays are still registering -- both in my back end "Stats" tab, as well as on the publicly-posted songs themselves.

So: there is no stated problem on the Status blog, Soundcloud's Mod's are mysteriously absent in the community forums about the issue, and real people's plays are still counting.

The only plays registering are from mobile users. Zero plays from embeds, browser, etc.
nasir

Post by nasir »

Is it possible to make mobile app for soundcloud manager then? just curious .
SC isn't responding about this matter. its suspicious . whats going on with SC?
CoolDJ

Post by CoolDJ »

nasir wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 am Is it possible to make mobile app for soundcloud manager then? just curious .
Why do you write to the soundcloud.com, if the Soundcloud Manager is the development of an third-party developer and the official website has nothing to do with it.
petruspanus

Post by petruspanus »

CoolDJ wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:08 am
nasir wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 am Is it possible to make mobile app for soundcloud manager then? just curious .
Why do you write to the soundcloud.com, if the Soundcloud Manager is the development of an third-party developer and the official website has nothing to do with it.
Lol, I agree. I think we have to hang on a bit longer until we know more if it's a network issue or an update. I found a few threads and lots of users are talking about it on https://community.soundcloud.com/stats-230061.

The technical team of SC is probably working on it as we speak. If not, it's highly likely that it could be an update where they exclude all plays coming in from the browser (desktop/mobile). It could be a way of eliminating bots from adding plays using proxies. However, I can't imagine that real users who play a song using a browser won't be taking into account (just my common sense).

Hopefully, we get an update within 24 hours that plays are working again :).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Thomas wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:14 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:55 pm
So it looks like, SC updated something and broke something.

8-)
lol

Quality1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:15 am Just seeing if there has been any update to this?

Any word from Soundcloud?
Unfortunately, they haven't replied to my emails asking for info on the plays function changes they made ;)

Quality1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:13 am I've got a Soundcloud account that only gets 100% real plays / people, and the plays are still registering -- both in my back end "Stats" tab, as well as on the publicly-posted songs themselves.

So: there is no stated problem on the Status blog, Soundcloud's Mod's are mysteriously absent in the community forums about the issue, and real people's plays are still counting.

The only plays registering are from mobile users. Zero plays from embeds, browser, etc.
so that does confirm browser plays are not working anywhere at this time. I wouldn't put too much into mods are not replying on the support forums, they are not particularly useful forums IMO. If there is no / zero response, then maybe it is an instruction from SC themselves, not to mention it whilst they fix it

Feasibly it is possible. Not planning to at this time. SC will fix their issue shortly, I am sure
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I think they mean SC haven't made a statement, either on the community forums, or the status page. Not that they wrote to Soundcloud and said "I use a bot and it is not working, what is going on....."

bizzy171 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:34 am The technical team of SC is probably working on it as we speak. If not, it's highly likely that it could be an update where they exclude all plays coming in from the browser (desktop/mobile). It could be a way of eliminating bots from adding plays using proxies. However, I can't imagine that real users who play a song using a browser won't be taking into account (just my common sense).

Hopefully, we get an update within 24 hours that plays are working again :).
This. They won't have decided to ignore all plays except mobile. That doesn't make sense. And if they did, it just means plays from mobiles will be automated, so it won't gain anything.

It is just a bug, they effect all software at some time. Just have to wait it out
CoolDJ

Post by CoolDJ »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:05 pm I think they mean SC haven't made a statement, either on the community forums, or the status page. Not that they wrote to Soundcloud and said "I use a bot and it is not working, what is going on....."
lol :lol: Imagine the eyes of administrators when they received such a message. I somehow did not think about it. But... everything is possible :D
nasir

Post by nasir »

lol. why on earth i would write it? i have written them about the plays counts which is not increasing . But cant find any reply till now.
how can they be so careless with this big social platform. its really frustrating
Quality1

Post by Quality1 »

Still not working I assume?

I find it pretty unreal that a company as big as Soundcloud would just ignore this issue for 48+ hours.
mmk

Post by mmk »

Any update?