SC PLAYS NOT WORKING April 2019

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
petruspanus

Re: SC PLAYS NOT WORKING April 2019

Post by petruspanus »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:06 pm Soundcloud have changed something with how plays are recorded, it is being looked at

It could be a network issue because I've tried logging into my artist account (premium) using my mobile phone (SC app) and desktop browser.

When playing a song from beginning till the end the play also doesn't get counted, so it would be weird if SC updated their platform and blocks plays from real accounts too.
El Profesor

Post by El Profesor »

bizzy171 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:46 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:06 pm Soundcloud have changed something with how plays are recorded, it is being looked at

It could be a network issue because I've tried logging into my artist account (premium) using my mobile phone (SC app) and desktop browser.

When playing a song from beginning till the end the play also doesn't get counted, so it would be weird if SC updated their platform and blocks plays from real accounts too.
maybe soundcloud has already blocked your IP.
did you already try to create the plays manually with different IPs?
petruspanus

Post by petruspanus »

Thomas wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:11 pm

maybe soundcloud has already blocked your IP.
did you already try to create the plays manually with different IPs?
Lol, how can they block can my home IP and mobile IP (both different because I'm not on a WiFi). Also, I don't use my artist account for automation either so it's not linked to soundcloud manager or any other tool around :).
petruspanus

Post by petruspanus »

Btw, if you Google the issue and set time date or an hour ago you'll see a decent amount of sc users posting about it in the official forum. I'm about 95% sure it has to be a network issue or an glitch in the platform.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Sound *DID* make a change last week sometime, then made another change Thursday / Friday (time zone depending). This is causing some requests to not be made correctly.

HOWEVER, as you say, when playing manually in the browser (i.e. REAL plays), these APPEAR to count (the counter is incremented +1) but if you come back to the page later, your play is no longer counted.

I have tested this from multiple browsers / servers. Checking hours later, NO plays were added.

So it looks like, SC updated something and broke something.

Nothing on
https://status.soundcloud.com

but that is not always updated.

I will have to wait and see what happens, once browser plays counted, then can make sure the program works, but if plays are not counting in the browser, then there is no working template to analyse and automate.

So for now, will just have to wait and see what happens
TonyK

Post by TonyK »

Completely understandable, thank you for the amazing support you always provide :)
El Profesor

Post by El Profesor »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:55 pm
So it looks like, SC updated something and broke something.

8-)
CoolDJ

Post by CoolDJ »

Sorry, but plays still doesn't work for me. What should I do to fix this?
petruspanus

Post by petruspanus »

CoolDJ wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:41 pm Sorry, but plays still doesn't work for me. What should I do to fix this?
There isn't anything you, me or Martin can do at this moment. It looks like an issue on SoundCloud.com so we have to wait until they resolve the situation.
Quality1

Post by Quality1 »

Just seeing if there has been any update to this?

Any word from Soundcloud?