Few Improvement Requests

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
kolyamber

Few Improvement Requests

Post by kolyamber »

Hello Martin!
Got few SCM improvement requests , they are not urgent & may be not for all , but it will be cool if you will add this.

1) Grouping. Be great if it will be possible to group some accounts to easy find & use them. It make sense when i'm working with 10k+ accounts & when I need to find 100 of them to Like track i must find & check each (they are not located near each other :D)

2) Could you please a bit relocate "Remove Waiting Actions" ? Few times i've pushed Remove Finished , but missclick/doubleclick & deleted ~200 actions :D
my neighbors weren't so happy when i'm raged at 3am :)

3) Any news on Banner pictures upload 2480x520?

Thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Few Improvement Requests

Post by martin@rootjazz »

kolyamber wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:37 pm Hello Martin!
Got few SCM improvement requests , they are not urgent & may be not for all , but it will be cool if you will add this.

1) Grouping. Be great if it will be possible to group some accounts to easy find & use them. It make sense when i'm working with 10k+ accounts & when I need to find 100 of them to Like track i must find & check each (they are not located near each other :D)
Use ACCOUNT TAGS (right click accounts to assign, use the filtering options bottom left of accounts list for view)

Or for more drastic separation, use CUSTOM DB INSTANCES
For some info on custom db instances, check the thread

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=874

2) Could you please a bit relocate "Remove Waiting Actions" ? Few times i've pushed Remove Finished , but missclick/doubleclick & deleted ~200 actions :D
my neighbors weren't so happy when i'm raged at 3am :)
sure, I'll move it to the bottom (infact I thought it was there already)
3) Any news on Banner pictures upload 2480x520?

Thanks.
not yet, still catching up after being away for a week. Should be able to look end of this week
kolyamber

Post by kolyamber »

Okay , will try with Tags.

Thanks for fast answer :)
El Profesor

Post by El Profesor »

HI Martin,
some issues that I want to talk about. I hope it doesn't matter that I'm writing everything in this thread... :geek:

1. sometimes SCM needs below 1% CPU and sometimes around 90% CPU. I'm not sure if this is a problem of the program or of my PC. but I haven't had this problem in the past. Did you also make the experience that the CPU usage is that high on your system?

2. I think SCM is only available as a 32 bit version, isn't it? a 64 bit version would be nice to have, because it would be more stable and powerful

3. when I'm restarting SCM, all scraped and validated proxies are deleted. But all the old play-tasks can still continue creating plays (without scrape proxies again). So I guess, once scraped and after the start of a play-action, the validated proxies stick to the tasks, even if I restart SCM, isn't it? When I scrape again after a restart, will these new proxies also be used by the old play-tasks?

4. it would be great, if you could add "numbers" in the processing section. That means every task-line will get a number... I am always using more than 50 threads. Once a day I count them to be sure that the right amount of play-tasks is in progress. if you could implement the numbers, I can easily see how many tasks are used:

5. it would be great if the SCM could remember how many plays were done after a restart. if a song got e.g. 4312/6000 plays, it will start again from 0 after a restart. I would appreciate if it could continue from 4312. sometimes i have to restart the SCM or even my PC and I always have to control the play count manualy
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Thomas wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:49 pm HI Martin,
some issues that I want to talk about. I hope it doesn't matter that I'm writing everything in this thread... :geek:

1. sometimes SCM needs below 1% CPU and sometimes around 90% CPU. I'm not sure if this is a problem of the program or of my PC. but I haven't had this problem in the past. Did you also make the experience that the CPU usage is that high on your system?
It should only spike when utilizing full CPU. Some things are CPU heavy so are utilizing all cores available. The scheduler in your OS will control how it is used, if there are spare cycles then they are given to SCM to perform it's action as fast as possible.
2. I think SCM is only available as a 32 bit version, isn't it? a 64 bit version would be nice to have, because it would be more stable and powerful
correct 32bit only

3. when I'm restarting SCM, all scraped and validated proxies are deleted. But all the old play-tasks can still continue creating plays (without scrape proxies again). So I guess, once scraped and after the start of a play-action, the validated proxies stick to the tasks, even if I restart SCM, isn't it? When I scrape again after a restart, will these new proxies also be used by the old play-tasks?
When you create the action, any values / data for that action is stored within that action. The action is self contained and not effect by further changes to the controls. The proxies assigned to that action, will stay with that action across restarts

4. it would be great, if you could add "numbers" in the processing section. That means every task-line will get a number... I am always using more than 50 threads. Once a day I count them to be sure that the right amount of play-tasks is in progress. if you could implement the numbers, I can easily see how many tasks are used:
use the columns header to order by action name, then multi select rows and use the SELECTED X ROWS label to know
5. it would be great if the SCM could remember how many plays were done after a restart. if a song got e.g. 4312/6000 plays, it will start again from 0 after a restart. I would appreciate if it could continue from 4312. sometimes i have to restart the SCM or even my PC and I always have to control the play count manualy
Your suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.
El Profesor

Post by El Profesor »

thanks for your reply, I appreciate your help. 1 question....
martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:24 pm
use the columns header to order by action name, then multi select rows and use the SELECTED X ROWS label to know
where can I find the SELECTED X ROWS label? I've already multi selected all play-tasks and am looking for the info how many play-tasks are in the process. thanks in advance
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

My apologies, that doesn't exist in SCM, it is a feature in our other products.

I have added it just now. The next update will include this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin