New threads are failing to start

Ask any support / help / issues / problem or question related to Soundcloud Manager
bwhite

New threads are failing to start

Post by bwhite »

I'm having trouble processing new tasks in SoundCloud Manager.

For example last night I set a bunch of actions to share a track to different groups, but none of the tasks actually ran while I was gone.

5 tasks:
one set for 6am
one set for 8am
one set for 10am
etc...

but the times came and went and nothing happened?

I've tried setting scheduled tasks and watching the program for when the time comes but the task does not start. And it's not just trouble with scheduled tasks, but sometimes tasks I initiate for "right now" do not get past the "waiting" phase and I'll have to restart the program and start again.

Hopefully there's something I'm overlooking, but as it stands the "automation" isn't really happening for me :p
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: New threads are failing to start

Post by martin@rootjazz »

First things first. Can you confirm that you have start the Processor. Do this by clicking the RUN button. Also confirm the Processor is not PAUSED.

Does this problem continue?

If so, is it constant? Or does it just occur after a while?

Does increasing the threads help at all?

What version are you on?
HELP > ABOUT
bwhite

Post by bwhite »

Sorry for not following up.

Tbh I'm not really sure WHAT it was but eventually after trying enough times it just started to work. I'd also like to say that the bot is remarkably stable as I left for two weeks on vacation and the bot was still running with troubles when I returned.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Just occurred to me. If you try and run multiple action using the SAME account. Then the program will only process ONE action at at time for that user. This is to avoid doing too much with a single user at any one time, that could be consider "not normal behaviour", as a single user cannot like / follow / listen and post messages all the same time.

However, if you want to disable this, go to SETTINGS TAB and turn on UNSAFE mode.
bwhite

Post by bwhite »

The one problem I have is that the "watch" feature seems to get in the way of the normal processes firing since it is "always on". What's the best way to integrate this with what I'm doing?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Yes, watch is a never ending process. So you need to have +1 threads. So if you want to have one thread processing your actions, you would need 2. One for the watch action, one for the rest